Community Showcase #5: Fan Art Competition Results!

That Voltaxic deserved a tie with 1st IMHO. As someone else said - I don't envy the judges for this...lots of amazing artwork. I wish I had a touch of the talent that these folks have.
EVERYTHING IS BETTER WHEN IT'S TACO-FLAVORED!
Can Cloak of Defiance PLEASSEEEE get alt art like the Eldritch Supremacy Picture. WOW that's good.
Really nice artwork.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
[Removed by Support]
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Feb 19, 2015, 1:52:35 PM
sweet artwork peeps :)
congraz to the winners!
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
Is it possible to have these fan arts in higher definition ?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/jdlbxd

thats a link to the full sized version of mine, warn u though its a 52 meg jpg file, no joke. I dunno if the other guys have high res versions of theirs.

Thanks for the kind words those of you who appreciated the entries. One thing Id say, some people are a little unsure about the choices, when it comes to making art the digital medium can produce far more, I dunno, detailed work (?) than doing something with graphite on paper like the Eldritch Witch with the same amount of skills. Trying to compare a digital work to work like that is like comparing an oil painting on canvas to a pic someone scratched into a wall with a stone, if the scratching is even 1/10th as good looking it probably took twice as much talent.

In digi you have save files, endless editablility and safety in being able to mess up and revert back etc. Dont discount how much skill it took for him to make graphite on paper look that good, imo he deserved first place, maybe that just comes from someone who has more of an appreciation for that medium than digital but whatever. Can I draw with real graphite and paint? Ya of course, I have an A star gcse and a-level in art from a time when digital art like this wasnt even a thing, Im 33 years old. Im pretty sure all the guys who submitted digital work are capable of doing a great job on paper with a pencil but at the end of the day we didnt submit pencil on paper work, we submitted digital work and they judged it on what we submitted. GGG have a very talented art department who are under no illusions about how enabling the digital medium is.

Jerg absolutely deserved first place, Id have given it to him myself. Its all good chaps, dont stress it. Grats to all that took part. Im thankful that I made it into the top 8 because I know for sure there was some very talented people like Blagoje etc who didnt make the list but totally deserved recognition for what they submitted.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/community-showcase

if you havent already then check out the forum and show your appreciation for the guys that didnt make it, a lot of really talented stuff in there.
"
Finkenstein wrote:

Did anyone at GGG even check out all the submissions, feel like they had their minds made up before contest was over, considering how fast the choices were made after the contest ended.

cheers

Yea, just wondering this too.

Thanks Snorkle_uk, hopefully GGG will make competitions like this one more often.
If you're "not complaining" and "respect the winners", then why are you complaining?

Be happy for those who placed, and enjoy the piece you made.
"
If you're "not complaining" and "respect the winners", then why are you complaining?

Be happy for those who placed, and enjoy the piece you made.

I quoted someone who questioned the process because the winners were announced so soon after the deadline. I was wondering that myself, as I was not expecting them to announce winners for at least a few days.

Thanks for your concern though, and I am indeed happy for those who placed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info