Basic Marauder Tank (1h + Sheild) Build, what am i missing?

This is my very first build ive made solo, and wanted to get some critique on what im missing/what i dont need. I fear i may spend too many points on the smaller nodes but i am at a loss as to which other big payoff nodes i need to aim for instead.

Thanks guys!

P.S I think i went two or three over the usual number of points on a build but it never hurts to aim high i guess!

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wUtBjkS4RQgGJEZLhoyGjgaVRv6Jd8n1SftKLUpLjboOlI9_E99UEdQUFFgValWBFcNWGNZ810AXhNfP2BLYIhhIWFSZp5vhHB9cql07XnAeu98uHzZgFaE2YTvhmCMBozPkFWXtJ7Nn8ugtKLqpBmkrKcwp4SplayqrK-surndwBrDhsRYxtjSIdSP2WHfv-Lq55Hu2e8O707yL_MG9kj3vvuB-6o=
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzBS0MfQz3EH8S4RRNFFIZLhmFGjgabBv6HRQkqiXfJ9Un7SjFMQEyiTWANuk64TwtR35MNU3jUFBRYFPfVElXDVfiWGNY21nzXz9gS2EhZU1mnmh0bPZyqXTtd-V4DXq4eu982YLkhNmE74i6iPGKr4zPkFWUoJuDna6gtKIAplenCKeEqW6plavFrFmsqqyvrpOvbLT5tfK3PriTud2-isAaw4bEWMWKxp7GrsbY1I_YTdlh2mLjaudS52PnkenV7DjvDvAf8kXzBvO-8932SPrS-6r-Cv6P

This is a build I came up with because of a few things:

- Unwavering stance isn't good for PvE. You need to be able to run away from mobs and having a 100% chance to get hit will slow you down
- There's a better path to +health, I have laid it out in the above build
- Armor sucks. The damage reduction you see in your character window is not true damage reduction against anything larger than a white, common spiderling (or things similar to it's size and difficulty). It's better to tank with +hp/+hp regen/block chance
- Added additional block chance nodes that were more bang for your buck. You also won't need the additional resistance nodes you got once you're in the end game, as gear will give you max resists (except against chaos damage). Unless you get crest of perandus, you'll need all these block chance nodes. If you do get crest of perandus, you can probably give up 1 cluster of block chance nodes.
IGN: VaginaMonologues
Thanks for the tips man! this build looks far better!

My only question is, do i need catalyse + ele damage nodes? Could i not take the small strength node thats vacant to its south and connect the chain that way? or am i being foolish in thinking i can get away with not having any +damage nodes.

Thanks again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info