New Skill Development - Part 2

Just a thought, why not instead... fix armour?

Why the armour system is the only thing in this fantasy aRPG that is the way it is to be as fitting to IRL as possible and in being so is as non fantasy, non aRPG, non working and simply broken as it is; is just beyond me.
Casually casual.

I like the ideas and updates so far, good stuff!

The trigger gem change is a good idea but also echo the idea that new defenses will be required for insta-gib scenarios.

Chaos damage explosion? Damn that reflect immunity is lovely... This is better than infernal blow!

Abyssal crying poison arrow trap... Love it!
"
oddshocks wrote:
"
Stirnwand wrote:
Without CWDT + EC + IC, what can we do against devourers and jumping frogs?

I'm definitely interested in what strategies will arise to deal with these scenarios in the wake of these Warcry changes.

There is only two defenses against devourers, CwDT IC setup and max block. Was chunked just the other day by a few for 2,5-3k damage each with 15k armor, evasion will only save you until it doesn't.

Edit: If this change goes through EC needs to have it's CD cut by at the very least half as well.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Feb 16, 2015, 9:48:31 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Just a thought, why not instead... fix armour?

Why the armour system is the only thing in this fantasy aRPG that is the way it is to be as fitting to IRL as possible and in being so is as non fantasy, non aRPG, non working and simply broken as it is; is just beyond me.

Could you elaborate what exactly you are looking for?

I personally feel the armor system makes a lot of sense balance-wise. Making it a flat reduction like AA would be a nightmare to balance, making it a fixed % of damage taken would just be a change to your effective max health (against phys). The current solution is in-between those two, and it also puts it sort of on-par with evasion.

Also, agree that "-26% reduction" is... well, it doesn't mean what you think it means.
Last edited by MauranKilom on Feb 16, 2015, 9:48:16 PM
I like it a lot. Cwdt-ec-ic ruined the fun and immersion in this game. So now when devourers with powewrfull crits and extra damage in a vulnerability map pop, we self cast endur
"
PsOfOs wrote:
So now when devourers with powewrfull crits and extra damage in a vulnerability map pop, we self cast endur

Can't cast when dead...
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
PsOfOs wrote:
I like it a lot. Cwdt-ec-ic ruined the fun and immersion in this game. So now when devourers with powewrfull crits and extra damage in a vulnerability map pop, we self cast endur

No, you have precast yoy ECs already or you are dead before your reaction self cast is executed.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:

No, you have precast yoy ECs already or you are dead before your reaction self cast is executed.

You didn't get my sarcasm
RIP Melee Hardcore

This would be a good change if the game was balanced but it is not. This will be a huge hit to melee. No CWDT, No EC on Spell Echo. Balance the GD game. Melee need more defensive abilities or ways to mitigate damage not added dps or gimmicky war cries. No one will use War cries that limit their ability to use Immortal Call, its too much of a necessity. As for skills melee has Cyclone which with LGOH greatly increases survivability but it’s a gem among a bunch of crap skills no one uses.

I have begun to wonder if yall even play melee.

Last edited by Breakbeat on Feb 16, 2015, 10:01:07 PM
Yeah, I have no idea why people are freaking about damage spikes without CWDT+EC+IC.

I don't run it as a ranger and have never had issues. Jade flasks and move speed are great.

I didn't run it as a melee character. Never had issues with frogs or devourers, either. I just ate the damage like a champ.

The game isn't supposed to be press a button and go to sleep. Some of these things are put in specifically to be a reaction time check. It'll also improve the quality of PvP; the IC/EC/CWDT/duration combo is used by far too many people.

I'm very happy for this change. It'll also improve my build, as I'll finally have something I want to use in my boots.
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info