New Skill Development - Part 2

"
grepman wrote:

but it wasnt the only choice, really. people ran and self-cast EC+IC. melee players used self-cast EC and self-cast IC.

acrobatics and evasion were the worst option back then and people still used them

a lot of people used IR, sure, but it pales in comparison to the mandatory nature of the CWDT combo.

I don't think so. I played in parties quite intensively then and I have never seen anybody using EC/IC (EC except fire dischargers).

Anyway, we will see. One of reasons I still stick with PoE is that GGG never stop with delivering me good laugh on their stupid design decisions and mistakes, so I expect having very happy April.

And my most favorite character ATM doesn't use any triggers, so... maybe will still be playable ;)

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
I never used IC with my melee characters and i did just fine .. and i'm still doing fine .. just hit level 96 a week or two ago ( haven't played much since ). Sure IC is powerful but it is not a requirement in any way ... autocasting it with CWDT is even less needed... this sounds like "Muh block!" 2 months ago ... or "Muh life nurf!" before that or "Muh Auras brah!" ... people always claim that melee is dead/dying/unplayable .. yet somehow i manage to play melee with 75% of my characters from march 2012 to this day and i'm doing just fine.

If loosing the trigger casting of EC+IC will "break" your build then you are doing it wrong...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 18, 2015, 3:25:39 AM
Negative reduction? ;)
IGN: Hestinnan
So lets get this straight, you guys want to buff melee chars by destroying their most useful combo? That's an odd way to buff. :D

I honestly do not know what to do with my melee chars without this combo (without the plain old "just get better gear") - especially against all those jumping monsters with crazy damage spikes. Those monstergroups really seem to have unbalanced damage-tiers. Maybe you should first look into that before destroying our defense against them?
Why not to have a set of separate "cry" triggers?
- on damage taken
- on stun
- on elemental status
- on hit/kill
keeping 'cast' triggers and gems like EC, IC as they are?

It's always better to make experiments in a new playground rather than in someone's house.

In the name of RNG God, it would be very useful to have "Cry on infernal mantle drop" gem :)
One option for "war cry" gems may be "charges" like in vaal gems.
Or even it's better to have "war flasks".
Hash, guys, you argue like it were a matter of life and death.

I had played poe at its’ open beta phase and there was no cast gems and not so high dps build. IF someone wanted go "rly high dps", it was cost of low defence and/or survivability. THAT TIMES I think, people was more focused for parties. We were making parties for mapping - 1 "tank" 2 good dps and buffer/curser, or even in 2 just for more mobility. We were matching classes to get as most auras and utility [summon, totems etc] so we was nice and fun mapping. Friend of my was using Marauder Ground Slammer with 7ec + Molten shield + Determination and had usual ~90-95% dmg reduction. I was Pulse+RF+PainAttunement& using 6ec for additional survivability, managing about 66-70?% dmg reduction with Molten shield.
NOW I SEE, that almost all is going in poe is more like single player... And focused on "see how fast I can do map, look my dps!". I think some ppl lost the fun of playing and join the rat race - how fast, how much and how many I can do. It’s really sad. OK, I might be "oldschool" gamer, where the most enjoining part of game was the growing difficulty level. I also know now, that nowadays the time is the most value currency (not everyone wants spend tons of hours to get lv or stuff), so everyone want "fast and easy" everything.
I've back to poe several weeks ago, and I was really surprised, that I had hit 80lv so fast with quite average build. Until I started run the CWDT setup (was in almost each build posted) I had just little problems with leapers/devourers else they weren’t many champions at once. Maybe because I played like at beta - more careful than speed-clearing. Since I turned the cwdt/ic I felt bit bored... basic 18% phy reduction with an auto-self-buff for phy immunity for 3-4sec after one spike dmg? JUST LOL, why I should care about any defence if I can got that good setup? Just pump cap res, high dps and as much moving speed as possible... YES, THE CWDT/EC/IC/ID is really USEFUL, but in fact, it’s a bit "far too good", especially for characters, that are focused to ranged dps only.
As my experience from other games, there was usually a setup or combo that was a bit OP. And also, usually, it weren’t meant to be so good, but the "game life" shows differently. I think, same was happened with cwdt. So, ppl started making up build around one or two dmg skills plus cwdt/ic with a decent hp/es pool and voilà! "30k dps build, top map clear in 2min 45sec"... ask yourself, are this way poe should go?

Please, notice also, that is only a small piece of patch that can be implemented. I bet, there is plenty ways to adjust the game. Some may be simple some not; like f.e.:
- support gem "taunt when damage dealt" : trigger taunt when X melee damage is dealt
- decrease mana res to 40% for Grace, Determination and Vitality (plus vit extra flat hp, 10/lv?)
- active gem "cures taunt" - curse mobs within taunt range - cannot be reflected, can cast multiply curses (stack if passiv/item allows) , cant use assigned curse directly, reduced curse time
- support "gain charges when dmg deal" - % chance for X dmg dealt: fire - endurance, frenzy - cold, power -lighting
-passive charges length increase from 18% to 30%+
- extra bonuses for charges (Keystone passiv?), like more 5% armour for endurance, 5% more eva for frenzy, 5% es for power,
-I guess much, much more.

By the way, gather part of threads here are about complaining for CWDT/EC/IC combo, not about "new skill development". You could be more polite and bring solutions for sake of improvements rather than just complaining.

I would vote for more hardcore or skillful and party gameplay rather than casual it. And I hope, that PoE will evaluate to be better and better. =)
Last edited by _Aldheart_ on Feb 18, 2015, 7:48:11 AM
"
_Aldheart_ wrote:

I would vote for more hardcore or skillful and party gameplay rather than casual it. And I hope, that PoE will evaluate to be better and better. =)

It was all good until i read this part ... please GGG ... don't force party gameplay on us ... some of us actually enjoy playing solo you know ...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
_Aldheart_ wrote:

It was all good until i read this part ... please GGG ... don't force party gameplay on us ... some of us actually enjoy playing solo you know ...

Please, dont mind me wrong, same is with PvP - some ppl are enjoin in, some dont even try it. Also, I wrote party gameplay as overall, apart of my personal preferences. Im sure, no one will want force you =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info