What's your two most hated bloodlines mods?!

Hey there everyone,

What's the two mods that make you want to throw up little every time you see them?
Note this isn't a complaint, just interested in what others prefer not to run into/fear.

- Bloodline modifiers -
Spoiler

Bearers of the Guardian
Every mob slowly builds an animated guardian that can't be killed until the entire pack has been cleared.

Bond of Chaos
If the monsters are close to each other, they have an Ancestral Bond-like beam between each other, dealing heavy Chaos damage.

Corrupted Bloodline
Monsters give one charge of Corrupting Blood on death

Cult of the Elements
Each monster has a buff to elemental damage. Being near them applies elemental status effects to you.

Flame/Frost/Storm Bearers
On death, each monster starts a storm-call-like bomb of their element.

Flaring/Rime/Static Pulseblood
A beam pulses between the mobs in the pack, if you are hit by it, it deals damage of the element.

Heralds of the Obelisk
Each corpse leaves an unkillable Obelisk that casts a random lightning spell. The obelisks disappear once the entire pack is killed.

Keepers of the Trove
Each monster drops a rare item of the same type.

Legacy of Vigor
Each kill grants a Vigor charge to the rest of the pack, granting move speed and attack speed, similar to Frenzy charges, but stronger

Legacy of Zeal
Each kill grants a Zeal charge to the rest of the pack, not sure what the charge does though

Living Blood
When all the monsters die, a "Congealing Blood" or "Congealing Mud" elemental is summoned. These new monsters have different abilities depending on difficulty and level of zone.

Mark of the Cannibal
Monsters can regain health from each other's corpses.

Necrovigil
When a monster dies, it leaves a green area on the floor. Other necrovigil monsters cannot die while standing in it. Destroying the corpses or killing the entire pack removes the green area.

Order of the Frozen Sky
Monsters use an ice version of Firestorm.

Otherworldly
Monsters randomly cast a purple fog on them that lasts a couple of seconds, granting extra chaos damage and massive defenses.

Phylacteral Link
One of the monsters has a disc under it, and all other monsters are invincible. The disc moves around every 7 seconds so you have to keep changing your target.

Shared Boon
Monsters generate all types of charges on hit and share them with each other.

Shrouded
Monsters are surrounded by fog and information about the monster (affixes, type) is hidden.

Spirit Walkers
Each mob has an apparition (see Soul Conduit) of themselves, doubling the size of the pack. The appartions also grant experience when killed.

Union of Souls
When killed, passes a buff to all remaining mobs that increases size and gives them more life. (Possibly increases attack and defensive stats)

Voidspawn of Abaxoth
Summons a unique Beyond Demon when the entire pack is killed.

- Votes collected in thread -
Spoiler
Phylacteral Link - 10

Heralds of the Obelisk - 9

Necrovigil - 5

Otherworldly - 4

Bearers of the Guardian - 1

Voidspawn of Abaxoth - 1

Living Blood - 1

Shared Boon - 1

Legacy of Zeal - 1

Legacy of Vigor - 1

Flaring/Rime/Static Pulseblood - 1

Spirit Walkers - 1

Keepers of the Trove - 1

Mine are, in order of most disliked..

#1 - Phylacteral Link (slows clear speed, usually take extra damage)

#2 - Necrovigil (slows clear speed, retrace steps)

Honarable mention ~ Otherworldly (slows clear speed, chaos deeps)
#NeverGoing90
Last edited by TwistedTrip on Feb 18, 2015, 5:28:45 PM
pre-nerf Order Of The Frozen Sky (you die.)

Heralds of the Obelisk (lel melee, meet spray totem)

who cares about clear speed, when you need to stay alive?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Feb 15, 2015, 7:34:15 AM
Clear speed beyond what is the norm, having to spend excess time on one mob can become tedious.

This is just me personally, how I feel about it. I don't mind the challenge, but if there are mods I prefer not to run into it's usually Phylacteral Link. As it brings everything down to a dawdling pace, while you kite around search for stragglers caught behind walls, doodads etc.

Maybe I should have clarified more, I don't mean clear in the context of a blistering pace to get into the next map.
#NeverGoing90
Necrovigil is easy,,, you know if you carry a flesh/bone offering, or detonate dead, clearing the corpses removes the necro vigil effect.

1: P-Link
2: herald of the obelisk

P link is more annoying than hard. Although I did rip my lvl 84 KB shadow (with a 6L chest) to a pack of p-link puncture dogs in a extra damage gorge map. Was kiting them around, used up both of my health/bleed pots while kiting, so I should have went back and refilled them, but didn't. Got hit by a puncture crit, bled out in less than a second with 5k hp :(.

Last edited by Nerdicide on Feb 15, 2015, 4:34:35 PM
1 phallus link
2 necrovagina
3 tied between otherworldly // obelisks
necrovigil on a ranged pack is the worst, wastes your time for no reason, started to skip them after a while, poor design
"
Nerdicide wrote:
Necrovigil is easy,,, you know if you carry a flesh/bone offering, or detonate dead, clearing the corpses removes the necro vigil effect.

I didn't actually know that, hey thanks very much for the tip Nerdicide.

Edit: Also damn man, so sorry about that rip. Gah, that's a painful loss :(
#NeverGoing90
Last edited by TwistedTrip on Feb 15, 2015, 6:42:11 PM
1. P Link
2. Living Blood
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
1. Phylacteral Link
2. Dunno. They seem to be OK.

I really LIKE Living Blood. That one was well done.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Keeper of the Throve
Spirit Walkers
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info