What is Kripps new Marauder Freeze Pulse build?

I like how posts about Kripp's builds always end up in one big circle jerk between fanboys and haters.

Back to my noodles now. Carry on, kids.
I watch some of krips videos, i know i no longer have the desire or drive to create or even use spreadsheets to figure out how armor works in relation to maxHP and damage received.

while i don't fully understand all the blind followers he has, he hasn't done anything deserve all the blind hatred either.

The guy is smart, takes time to figure out how mechanics work, and shares that information with those of us who don't know how to figure it out, or don't want to spend the time to figure it out.

That's a good thing. :)
"
ADeadlyFerret wrote:
Who is Kripp? Never heard of him until I came here.

He's that guy , looks kinda like romanian pedophile , somehow has gained following of mindless d3 fools, who saw him play this game using builds that dozens of people before him had done. These moronic d3 kiddies immediately latched onto his nuts and claimed him a messiah.

wave your noodley pale gamer arms in the air like you just dont care kripp fans!
GORLAK SMASH WORDS!!
--------------------
The Greatest Plate Vest Of All Time! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/293910
So store. so item. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/136100
Last edited by enshin on Feb 11, 2013, 9:30:17 PM
In any case, the game in its current state doesn't really support a lot of builds, at least if you want to do well in merciless

There are like 6-7 builds (each one having slight variations) which will easily rip through the game, and the rest pretty much hit a brick wall when you hit merciless

Kripp is famous because he finds the OP builds that work for the current endgame, the tree in its current design doesn't support the customization that it trumps (there is a reason why basically all of Kripps characters are either Templar or Marauder)
Last edited by deteego on Feb 11, 2013, 9:52:58 PM
"
jonts26 wrote:
"
OverDoseD wrote:
There's 3 types of people in these kind of threads

1. The one that has to be all butthurt and express his opinion how another person is copying a popular streamers build without even considering their own builds even if that person doesn't know if the person copying hasn't made his own builds or has work so he doesn't have time to theory craft. So how long has it been since people started caring about what people do in video games? ...

2. The ones that try to fight with the obvious trolls or haters of Kripps "mindless" fans or so they call them. There's plenty of nice people following Kripp.

3. The one like me, who thinks this whole discussion is useless and is a waste of space. In the end no one will care and posting the build would probably just make everyone happy, probably not. There's always going to be haters. Just learn to ignore them.

4 is me, which is also 3, kind of. So yeah.
"When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change." Avatar Aang from the Legend of Korra.
"
enshin wrote:
"
ADeadlyFerret wrote:

He's that guy , looks kinda like romanian pedophile , somehow has gained following of mindless d3 fools, who saw him play this game using builds that dozens of people before him had done. These moronic d3 kiddies immediately latched onto his nuts and claimed him a messiah.

wave your noodley pale gamer arms in the air like you just dont care kripp fans!

Kripp is actually a really cool guy and he is a theorycrafting genius in ARPGs and MMOs. I don't watch his stream and I don't copy his builds. For me, a huge part of the enjoyment I get out of this game comes from figuring things out as I go, and making my own unique build. Right now I'm playing a high-mana sword and board Shadow whose main damage comes from Traps, Freeze Pulse, Lightning Strike and Viper Strike. I highly doubt it's a common skill setup, and I would guess less than 0.1% of the people who play PoE are using the same passives as me. But I'm in act 2 cruel and doing very well, and having a lot of fun.

Kripp helps me enjoy the game as well. I don't follow his builds or watch his stream, and as a matter of fact he doesn't even post his PoE builds to the public. Those who watch his stream religiously most likely know his build, but I've never been able to wrap my head around the idea of watching video game streaming, unless it's a MLG match or something, which I can understand. I just like to watch his Youtube videos. He is a smart guy who is pretty down to earth for someone who spend 18 hours a day on his computer and gives good insight in a lot of areas. This doesn't make me a fanboy though. There are plenty like me who enjoy hearing what he has to say, without watching his stream for the full 10 hours it airs every night.

I totally agree with what others are saying - play the game the way YOU want to play it. Don't follow others, make your own decisions. It's a lot more enjoyable that way.

Edit: Below in the spoiler sections are my gear and my passive setup for anyone who might be curious. I myself am curious to know if this is a common setup at all. I used no outside resources in making this skill/passive/stat setup. Just went with my gut :)

Spoiler

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBDkgRLxGWGdcc3CHAJDwmlSepNj02ezgbSTtJUVBCUzVVS1ptYeJtGW1sbXtyu35Zf8aCHohrjDaRz6IuoqOnXLGzsw61SLb3vJ_B88tB1BnbC95344Tjn-QR53TtQfDZ_5M=
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
Last edited by DavosTheOnionKnight on Feb 11, 2013, 11:04:14 PM
"
"
enshin wrote:
"
ADeadlyFerret wrote:

I totally agree with what others are saying - play the game the way YOU want to play it. Don't follow others, make your own decisions. It's a lot more enjoyable that way.

Do you not see the contradiction in what you just posted (the two underline sentences)? Plenty of people say similar things that you do, and I don't really get it. What if the way I want to play involves copying other peoples builds? Is this wrong? If so why? I don't get my enjoyment from this game by putting in a bunch of work trying to figure out an optimal build. Using spreadsheets, calculators, etc. I also don't have the time to try out a bunch of crappy builds that I would be sure to make. I get my fun out of this game by using very strong builds, so experimenting blindly just isn't an option for me. What I can do however is do very minimal research on forums or on youtube and pick a build very quickly that looks powerful and fun. Kripp, whether people like him or not, has a very solid understanding of the game and is also very adept at explaining it. It's a very useful recourse for other players like myself, and they shouldn't be flamed for asking others for his build.
Last edited by kwahip on Feb 11, 2013, 11:33:37 PM
"
FAIL.

He makes Templars 95% of the time, I think it's his first Marauder.
He's made Marauders back in closed beta, back when Templar was seen the same way we see Duelist now.

Anyway, I think for people to understand Kripp's builds is to understand that a good half of their power comes from the gear he has that lets him stack values you normally don't have much luck getting. In fact I think I overheard him saying on the stream that his Freezing Pulse build works because he has a bunch of quality on the gem.
Fair enough. I guess if the way you want to play the game entails copying everything others do, then that's just the way it is.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
Whats wrong with Duelists?
Last edited by ADeadlyFerret on Feb 11, 2013, 11:53:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info