Whirling barrier

Power Charge on block do worck whit shields but its not wort it even whit them.
Not sure how Staff users can then benefit from it wen even whit shield and probably 3x mor block chance make it pointles.

Tested it whit 41% block chance whit shield and it cant substein it self not even when you just tank contles monsters.
I think this chance need to be mach higer and posibly to add a bit of spell block just to not make it totaly usles in most scenarios.

Main reson i take it is becouse i planed of using staff in alternate weapon slot and i have setup whit Cold Snap on stun and we know how that skill have long CD wich can be negated by consuming power charge. Also reson i think it will be good whas Conduit which is only one point invesment for me and i alredy using frenzy charges.

Tested and tested but like i say it just cant substein it self even if you stand and tank a loot of monsters and sinergy whit Cold snap never actualy trigered but thats another minor point considering monster power.

I think it should have 5% spell block if spell block can triger this, and it should probably be way higer on regular block to even effect game play of staff users.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You do realize that it also gives 6% additional block chance with staves. That's pretty damn good to begin with even for a notable. The 10% chance for Power Charge on block is just icing on the cake.
The "10% chance of Power Charge on Block" may as well not be there. With the nerfs to block chance, and the fact that you can't wear a shield, your Block Chance with Staffs is very limited. "Icing" is supposed to be tasty. This is rather bland since you'll never notice the effect.

A percentage of a percentage is never good. A 12-18% block staff, with the nodes leading up to it, is a 22-28% chance to block with Staffs. That's a 2.2-2.8% chance to get a Power Charge when Hit, and you probably do not want to be getting hit all that much. A legacy BoR and Anvil might get you a bit higher, giving you a 45-51% chance to block, or 4.5-5.1% chance to get a charge on hit (or 36-42/3.6%-4.2% chance on hit with the current versions), its not high enough to really keep Power Charges up if you're killing as well as you should be with a Staff.

The node is only good for its block chance. The Power Charge part needs to be reworked as that is the more interesting part of that node, but fails to work due to its low proc chance and desire to not really sit and take hits in this game.
Last edited by darkwolf7786 on Feb 22, 2015, 11:11:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info