TS vs COC vs Discharge?

Hi all,

I'm currently playing a TS build and i had a lot of fun since i started playing it. But I think my build has reached to a state where a slight upgrade needs a huge amount of currency investment and I'm not sure if it is still worth it (I already have glyph mark and 6L lightning coil but my rings/amulet/quiver can only cap resist, replace skill nodes and add small damage buff. Other gears are standard. I'm using VP, not acuity).

I'm planning to move on to my next build. I have researched some builds and two builds that I want to try out is coc and discharge. I know they are strong but i don't really have any idea of how strong they are when compared together. I'm wondering how these two builds are compared to TS? I'm not very interested in moving to a build that can't even compete with my previous build.

My current budget is 100ex. But I'm planning to spend more than this (300ex max) in the end.

I know both of these two builds require huge amount of investment. So I don't really want to invest a lot and later realize the other one is better. Any advice would be appreciated. This is probably my last build for this game. So I don't think I will have the time and currency to try out both.

Thanks
Last edited by LBJames on Feb 13, 2015, 3:37:08 PM
CoC isn't really exclusive with Discharge.

CoC Discharge is a thing, hard/self-casting Discharge is a thing, and other skill like CoC Fireball are all a thing.

Do you mean "Which is better between self-cast Discharge and CoC <something>?"

If so, self-cast Discharge is fun but ultimately it's a point blank AoE skill which requires you to get into the middle of things. It will have higher defensive requirements than the tornado shot you're used to, it will be more likely to die, and it fears reflect quite a bit.

In the whole world of CoC, there are so many variations that you need to pin something down. The traditional Barrage CoC with projectile spells (Fireball/FP/IS/AB) is pretty straightforward and does a whole boatload of damage with fairly minimal gear investment.
"
pneuma wrote:
CoC isn't really exclusive with Discharge.

CoC Discharge is a thing, hard/self-casting Discharge is a thing, and other skill like CoC Fireball are all a thing.

Do you mean "Which is better between self-cast Discharge and CoC <something>?"

If so, self-cast Discharge is fun but ultimately it's a point blank AoE skill which requires you to get into the middle of things. It will have higher defensive requirements than the tornado shot you're used to, it will be more likely to die, and it fears reflect quite a bit.

In the whole world of CoC, there are so many variations that you need to pin something down. The traditional Barrage CoC with projectile spells (Fireball/FP/IS/AB) is pretty straightforward and does a whole boatload of damage with fairly minimal gear investment.

I see. Thanks for your info. For discharge I mean the mjolner version and for coc I mean the barrage with projectile spells version.
I have a 95 ranger using a TS build (glyph mark as well, plus other GG gear), and I started leveling a shadow using a hybrid of waynetrain and yolowhirl build (both CoC cyclone/discharge builds). I think my ranger has slightly higher dps, but my shadow is funner to play (most important imo) and honestly has way less invested in gear (~75 ex shadow v 300+ex ranger). Pretty sure my clear speed is actually higher on my shadow due to massive AE and high run speed.

I have a buddy that runs a witch LL mjolner/discharge build, and he's tankier than my shadow, but I destroy his dps. In the end, it's all about your play style and what's fun to you :)
"
Deistik wrote:
I have a 95 ranger using a TS build (glyph mark as well, plus other GG gear), and I started leveling a shadow using a hybrid of waynetrain and yolowhirl build (both CoC cyclone/discharge builds). I think my ranger has slightly higher dps, but my shadow is funner to play (most important imo) and honestly has way less invested in gear (~75 ex shadow v 300+ex ranger). Pretty sure my clear speed is actually higher on my shadow due to massive AE and high run speed.

I have a buddy that runs a witch LL mjolner/discharge build, and he's tankier than my shadow, but I destroy his dps. In the end, it's all about your play style and what's fun to you :)

Your information is very helpful! BTW do you have any experience playing or partying closely with a COC shatter chuck build? How do you feel its dps comparing to TS and discharge? I know discharge is more popular these days but I will have some problems staring at the white bomb discharge effect if I want to play continuously for several hours. COC is probably more friendly to my eye. My pc is pretty good though so I won't have many problems with lag.

Thanks again for your help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info