Loot alarm/notifier?

it would be nice if there was greater variance between sounds, something like the old voice clip "mirror of fucking kalandra" played for about 10mins would be great.
IGN = JBW
Well, whenever my girlfriend plays, i can hear the sound of currency dropping from the other side of the appartment provided she has the speakers on, so i'd say the solution is "stop listening to other music/youtube videos/streams and listen to the game you play".

As for the hearing-impaired, i've heard that whenever a part of sensory input is impaired, the other parts adapt and work better to overcome one sensory deficiency. In other words, if you can't hear the loot dropping, you'll just have to look at the dropped loot a bit harder.
/sarcasm on

We can also have a mod to auto-pikup currency!

Why not a aura gem to auto-pikup currency with increase AOE...

/Sarcasm off

Hardcore game also mean: "Pay attention"
Have fun! And go buy my stuff...

Shops: 522765 / 1094567 / 1147014
"
If you pay me 2 chicken mcnuggets and a half a slurpee I will stand beside your computer while you game and scream "LOOT LOOT LOOT LOOT" whenever something drops.

lol
If An Orb Drops And The Exile Didn't Hear It, Did It Ever Drop At All
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
Kuruguhn wrote:
/sarcasm on

We can also have a mod to auto-pikup currency!

Why not a aura gem to auto-pikup currency with increase AOE...

/Sarcasm off

Hardcore game also mean: "Pay attention"

I can appreciate that! I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have air bags in cars, cell phones, or even computers for people to waste their time playing games on. We didn't need that bullshit! Sickening to see everyone nowadays playing Life in EZ mode...

"
comm_il_vec wrote:
If An Orb Drops And The Exile Didn't Hear It, Did It Ever Drop At All

I'm going with "yes" on this one since I never hear them but have picked up a few, lol.

Hey, what's the "orb" sound anyway? Is there an mp3 file or something in my GGG directory that I can listen to and tune my ears to it? Or does anyone have a link to a youtube vid where they can hear an orb drop? Maybe I'll never catch it behind the constant crashing of Static Strike going off but it would be nice to know what I'm trying to pick out of that wall of sound.
I have a better idea.

What if instead GGG implements a "loot filter" option when the player has the "Show all loot" options on the ground.

Often, maps or areas with high monster density get far too cluttered with text everywhere, and even then it becomes a pain to look through all the text.

Say for instance I want a "loot filter" on that shows only in text the items I am manually looking for. Say I want scrolls (either type) currency orbs, 3+ socket gear with 3 different color sockets (chromatic orb recipe), and Specific white items like say Imperial Claws or Glorious Plates to appear.

Then pressing the assigned button to toggle "show all loot" would cycle through "off", "on", and "filtered". Players can add items to the filter by a command similar to "/addtofilter" with the item held on the cursor. By default, the filter would only show rares, uniques, and currency items. For the Chromatic and 7 jewler orb recipe, players could type "/addtofiltersocket" or just have these two item categories included by default in the filer.

That right there would cut down on like 95% of the item loot clutter shown on maps, and make it easier to actually see what you're fighting in game rather than clicking on red health bars to attack and filter through the sea of white text.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
rarugren wrote:
Is there any kind of loot alarm or notifier available for PoE? I'm always paranoid that I've missed a chaos somewhere on the ground or something! Would be great if there was an audio trigger that would notify when specific loots drop, or maybe a log that you can sort though before you close out a zone?

Any third party software that interferes with the game is against the terms of service. As mentioned above, Orbs do make a sound, so if you learn that sound, you will usually hear when something drops.

Would it really hurt to make high end currencies do the same thing uniques do when they drop? Some of us dont play with sound on.
"
rarugren wrote:
Hey, what's the "orb" sound anyway? Is there an mp3 file or something in my GGG directory that I can listen to and tune my ears to it? Or does anyone have a link to a youtube vid where they can hear an orb drop? Maybe I'll never catch it behind the constant crashing of Static Strike going off but it would be nice to know what I'm trying to pick out of that wall of sound.

Turn the game on, turn the sound on for a moment. Go to the coast with a couple assorted currencies and drop them.
"
TRV wrote:
"
rarugren wrote:

Turn the game on, turn the sound on for a moment. Go to the coast with a couple assorted currencies and drop them.

IIRC, scroll fragment has the same sound as an exalted orb.

Do what you will with this knowledge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info