Loot alarm/notifier?

Is there any kind of loot alarm or notifier available for PoE? I'm always paranoid that I've missed a chaos somewhere on the ground or something! Would be great if there was an audio trigger that would notify when specific loots drop, or maybe a log that you can sort though before you close out a zone?
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Aug 21, 2015, 4:02:58 PM
There isn't any, that I'm aware of. And I thing something like that would be illegal.
http://slysherz.blogspot.com
well most good orbs make a kind of distinct ringing sound when they drop
I dont see any any key!
sound is the best 'alarm' for any drops - otherwise just have to look, one thing from D3 I wish they'd take is the orange star on the mini-map and beam of light when Uniques drop, know I've missed plenty grinding
http://poestatistics.com/users/seibar/
"
If you pay me 2 chicken mcnuggets and a half a slurpee I will stand beside your computer while you game and scream "LOOT LOOT LOOT LOOT" whenever something drops.

How much time does 2 chicken mcnuggests and half a slurpee get you for though? and how much longer for a 6pack and a whole slurpee?
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
You could train a parrot. I hear they're pretty observant.
"
rarugren wrote:
Is there any kind of loot alarm or notifier available for PoE? I'm always paranoid that I've missed a chaos somewhere on the ground or something! Would be great if there was an audio trigger that would notify when specific loots drop, or maybe a log that you can sort though before you close out a zone?

Any third party software that interferes with the game is against the terms of service. As mentioned above, Orbs do make a sound, so if you learn that sound, you will usually hear when something drops.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
Play SFL/Budget for a week and your loot detection will be as keen as a forumite's mocks.
If you ask a stupid question, expect stupid answers.
If you post a troll thread, expect troll replies.
"
k1rage wrote:
well most good orbs make a kind of distinct ringing sound when they drop

This, can be problematic while off-screen cheesing, though... :D

In a perfect world there would be a slider for lootsounds, so you can paly without other sounds, listen your favorite music and still hear when something drops.
d:-D*
Well I'm not sure I want someone beside me munching chicken nuggets while I'm sprawled across my bed killing monsters at 2AM but it's a thought...
Actually the parrot is pretty close to what I was thinking. I don't know anything about programming, but it seems like you could have some kind of program that would monitor the video stream and alert on certain patterns without touching the client at all.
I didn't realize there was actually important stuff to be heard... I got tired of the battle crashing and exploding sounds after about the first week of playing and have had my sound way down or off ever since. I'll go back and tweak my settings and turn my sound up enough to hear my loot I guess! Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info