3 continual POE truths: Ranged > Melee, Crit > No Crit, Lowlife > Life

"
no it doesnt.

get a lorica, link it to whatever you desire , get a blood rage, get auras , laugh at the hilarity

Going to disagree here. If that was true, everyone would go low life in Blood Lines. That is definitely not the case.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

Except all of that is expensive. Hideously so.

I'm trying it right now and can't afford anything I don't already have.

you are joking right?

apart from the vertex , i found all of that ... three times actually, yay for back up sets , that is my semi self found gear set up.....

is it under an exalted cheap like my life summoner , no but its below 6 exa if you dont count linking the chest piece
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 20, 2015, 7:16:20 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
honestly we need to stop calling self found a legitimate thing. it is not , it is a self limit players choose to put on themselves , self gimping ,either for the challenge or simply because they dont want to deal with trades. but that is not what this game is built for... and it never ever will be.

Says need to stop the legitmatizing...

Gives a legitimate explanation of it...

Honestly, i am fairly sure this game was built for large women. I have my reasons. And we need to stop calling trading a legitimate way of playing. It is just god mode on[x]. The game at least has a slight challenge when self found and is clearly the only way a legitimate POEer would play. Trading is fine to experiment with builds and as a quick way to see all content but, pretty hard to call this a game when trading.

Boomshakalaka
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

Except all of that is expensive. Hideously so.

I'm trying it right now and can't afford anything I don't already have.

you are joking right?

apart from the vertex , i found all of that ... three times actually, yay for back up sets , that is my semi self found gear set up.....

is it under an exalted cheap like my life summoner , no but its below 6 exa if you dont count linking the chest piece

No, I'm not joking. Why would you ask?

But lucky you for having god-like RNG. Most players don't.

I'm running 66% IIQ and 199% IIR, and only got two uniques (Queens Decree and one other shit unique) in about two weeks worth of play farming Catacombs. Yes I know you're supposed to farm bosses for drops, but I also need experience and Catacombs is the fastest way to also build up maps.

I also don't have a build survivable enough to tank Dominus, yay for damage avoidance being dead.
"
pneuma wrote:

Low-life is purposefully putting yourself into a risky state of near death. It should have great upsides in damage or magicfinding, but the downsides also need to be present.

They are actually. Thing is, what you hear on forums and what actually goes on in the game have nothing to do with each other.

Here every level 83 Marauder thinks Shavs is god, equip Shavs, one shot everything, AFK everything, immortality achieved, 6 gazzilion DPS !!! In reality, Shavs is excellent for dying.

"
pneuma wrote:

Or another, make Shav's hurt your damage output.

On top of it already hurting your survivability? lol

May as well delete it from the game.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Feb 21, 2015, 12:15:35 AM
"
GGprime wrote:
I am playing 2h melee resolute technique life build with 320 iir and 120 iiq and I can clear any map with any mod, even palace double dominus 4x proj at run speed.

That's because you created a good build. I've seen 2h melee RT builds that would make your average level 57 character like original poster scream 2h is overpowered and must be nerfed.

But they dont know this. They dont play the game, they just read the forums. And on forums, people say melee is suicide, no one plays Cleave (lol), so they believe the nonsense..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info