Questions about 6-linked items

well you could always just grind out the fusing orbs or trade for them with chaos orbs which seem to have a better trade rate than the exalted orb does.
I spent 3000 fusings to try to 6 link a shavs I found 2 leagues ago and never got it. Then Forsaken Masters came out and since then I've just been saving fusings to use a crafting bench. It makes me sick to think that I could have had 2 six links already with the fuses I used if crafting had been an option when I started. Sure, you might get lucky. But one bad run can really take away any gains you had from that lucky one.

My suggestion is to try randomly if you are ok with a 5 link and maybe you'll get lucky. But if you want a 6 link, especially if you're using the item as a 5 link now, would be to go with the guaranteed result. Then you won't walk away with an unusable (if your build needs a 5L) item.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
If you are trying to 6-link a common (and cheap) unique like Carcass Jack or Searing Touch a good way of going about it can be to buy two of each and go until you 5-link one.

Use the 5-link on your character while trying to 6-link the other. Apparently it can be profitable to sell each 5-link you get and purchase another unlinked and start again. However, from current prices I have seen I don't know if this is still the case unless you are pretty lucky.

Either way it means you have a 5-link you can use while still trying for a six link.

I'd save the Vorici bench for uniques where it is very expensive to buy 6-linked (eg Shavs) or rares where it is hard to find a 6-link of what you need or very expensive to buy one.

Most builds however do not require a 6-link so I wouldn't get too hung up about it.
from my limited observations Id say the odds of linking a 20%
item are 4 times better. are they exactly? no idea. are they
very significantly better? yes. far beyond twice as good.

should you 20% a unique each time? no, its cost prohibitive.
but white items? expect to save ~50% to 75% or better on fusings.

then yes you gotta roll the white plate you get...
just consider how many people tolerate tabula rasa just for the
links... then imagine if that tabula actually HAD MODS ON IT.
What are Shavs????
ya dont fuse over a 5 link on a fairly common unique like carcass or searing, the 5L is worth multiple exalts on its own and another carcass is what? A few chaos? Sell the 5 links to get some of your money back and go again on another one.

Thing with items like that is, depending what league ur in, 1500 fusing is more exalts than it costs just to buy one already 6 linked. My friend was going to link a legacy coil last week and then thought hmmm, lets check xyz, yep, 6 linkng costs like 40ex and there were ones on sale for mid 30s.

Ive gone over 600 fuse trying to 5 link before, multiple times. I saved up 4.5k fusing in torment, 6 linked a hybrid rare chest, keeping other 3k to bench 2 different items on standard when league is over. Theres absolutely no way Im attempting it by hand, Ive linked a number of things before but to put it in perspective, if I spam those 3k fusing and my items dont 6 link Im done with this game, the amount of trading and driving myself crazy I went through to get those fusing if they went up in smoke I would just exit the game and never come back so I cant let that happen.

is rolling the "fully linked" mob on a strongbox a better shot at getting a 6L? i go for that all the time and i was curious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info