Flameblast nerf

YES! finally! It should have been nerfed long time ago
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
YES! finally! It should have been nerfed long time ago

It's still crazy.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
And TornadOP shot?, hi GGG?
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
They should have nerfed FB before Torment/Bloodlines started and everybody knew it, so it's really questionable that they didn't until after 2 months of watching people hit upper 90s with minimal time and effort.

That being said, mid-league is really awkward for that change. I like it personally (since it reminds me older times with more balance changes at a faster pace), but it seems against their agreement with the community to not change big things not on league boundaries.

I guess in a sense it is on a boundary: the start of the next race season. Chris confirmed himself that he changed it now in time for the race season, but that's just yet another example of racing being given higher importance than the "main game".
what's the purpose of nerfing a skill? only rich people get to have overpowered chars?-
"
robotamen wrote:
And TornadOP shot?, hi GGG?

Whoa there, they can't break the meta they stupidly and forcibly placed on the game yet. you have to wait for act 4 lel
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
My guess is they waited to see how the block nerf played out. The point of flame blast has always been the big damage / vulnerable trade off, so there may have been a chance it wasn't nearly as worthwhile to use. Obviously they wasn't the case so they brought out the damage nerf.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
You can not nerf Flameblast. Its just the Proliferation Mechanic which is a little out of balance.
I am playing a Flameblaster and i cant tell the difference then before the patch. It has absolutly no effect on the clear speed. It only increases the duration of boss fights by 20%.
Last edited by maulepan on Feb 13, 2015, 2:23:31 AM
the fact that they nerfed flameblasts damage rather than the ignite/burn mechanics just shows how bad their testers are. flameblast without ignite is complete garbage, except for killing some high HP mobs while leveling. it's the huge ignite/prolif which makes it so overpowered. it allows you to just stack 10 stages on a single mob and that damage will burn and prolif the entire room and kill everything instantly.

this is just a popularity nerf, plenty of people crying about flameblast without knowing whats really going on, so they budge.

prolif/ignite are the problem, which can still be used by other builds to get insane clear speeds.
vaal or no balls
Last edited by QueenTakesKnight on Feb 13, 2015, 2:52:03 AM
"
maulepan wrote:
You can not nerf Flameblast. Its just the Proliferation Mechanic which is a little out of balance.
I am playing a Flameblaster and i cant tell the difference then before the patch. It has absolutly no effect on the clear speed. It only increases the duration of boss fights by 20%.

Virtually any build clears white monsters super fast. The fact that it was clearing super fast and dropping bosses super fast was the problem, so this actually does address the problem.

Making it so prolif builds don't clear whites super fast would just make people not play prolif.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info