How PvP Tournament Season Two Works

"
Fightgarr wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

I spent 2 years thinking I was playing an ARPG only to be told later i've been gearing for some seriously shitty and sub-par PvP all along. Where was MY warning?!

Dude, you didn't know that all this time you have been farming alterations and "shitty" low-level uniques simply for the amusement of the PVP ELITE? 420noscope etc...

Ya dude, this game just keeps getting so awesome.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
HegemonyTV wrote:
what!??!!?

I spent sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much time gearing 2 LLDers in both leagues.

This was a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE waste of time now!

where was the warning!??!!? /facepalm.

Indeed. How do they come up with these alienating decisions, and, then on top of that, how do they decide that giving no warning is the way to drop the bomb on the community? And why isn't the community ever consulted *before* these things? I just don't get it.

I inadvertently dodged a bullet when i decided not to prepare for TMT+BLD PvP!
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
Fightgarr wrote:
"
Saw the topics in this forum go up from 17 to 18 and got my hopes up, then saw PvP, lol... what's that, 4th topic created in a row or something in here regarding PvP?

While you were there, you should have read this one again.

Don't worry, act 4 will be here before you know it. In the meantime let us have our silly PvP fun.

Don't read to much into my post, I understand you may be a little nervy due to the plenty of rage from the anti-PvP crowd. All I was hoping for was some interesting read in development that isn't PvP related.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
GGG please update this manifesto to include the topics of Build Diversity and Game Balance.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
IMO thats just unfair to merge torment and bloodlines like that for pvpeeps...
From this thread.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
In Hardcore, if a character dies, they're out of the league. This doesn't only affect the character, it affects the economy, because all items that character had died with them, and as far as HC is concerned, are gone forever. It is never possible in HC for you to be using an item that belonged to a character that died, because their items were taken out with them.

In Anarchy, characters can continue when they die. While we track character deaths and could move to hardcore only characters that never died in Anarchy, they would be carrying items that do not belong in a hardcore economy, because they've traded with characters who died, and obtained items tainted by death. These characters managed not to die by directly benefiting from a non-HC economy, where far more items are easily available because they aren't constantly leaving, and would carry hundreds of death-tainted items to HC with them, should such a transfer occur.

Even if we kept death counts for every individual item in the league, and didn't transfer those, we'd have characters arriving in hardcore without most of their gear, losing HC gems that were socketed in non-HC items, and fundamentally, we're still putting characters in HC who didn't avoid dying in hardcore.

Not dying in a softcore league and not dying in a hardcore league are not the same, because the softcore league has far more easily available items in the economy, due to them not leaving when characters with them die. It's easier to gear up.
A character who only "didn't die" in Anarchy did not achieve the same as a character who didn't die in HC. They probably used items that wouldn't exist in a hardcore economy. They almost certainly benefited from the larger numbers of items in the economy. If they ever played in parties with characters that died, then they made progress they could not have made in HC.

A character who didn't die in Anarchy, or any other softcore league, is not equivalent to one who doesn't die in hardcore. As such, moving characters from such leagues to hardcore would not be reasonable.

Merging HC and SC is a big mistake.
^Oh snap. Nice find. What's with the communication (or lack thereof) by the devs? They seem to all be going in different directions. Seems like such a mess compare to 2 years ago when the outline for the future and the core mechanics were solidified by GGG on a regular basis.

Its all over the fkn place atm

I don't know where the hell this thing is headed. Its a few months away from your biggest release since launch.. Maybe start to get the Hype train rolling cause these hazy PvP updates are doing more harm then good to the chunck of us that will never play that broken joke of a PvP system. Can you guy plzzzz move on already.

A picture of a new environment, a Monster shit it doesn't have to be much but give us something to rally behind because all of this recent fuckery just feels like you guy missed the point ENTIRELY.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Merging HC and SC is a big mistake.

a big mistake for who? please be realistic that CROSSLEAGUE IS NEEDED, less than 15 guys are active doing LLD in HC and it comes similar or worse in bloodlines is the reality.

The risk/reward factor between them is something important they should discuss otherwise is like wasting resources/time/effort hosting events for 30 players and you cant exclude them.

Let's turn that "15" into 0. Literally no point trying to gear a PvP char in an HC environment if cross-league events become standard.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Feb 10, 2015, 3:32:40 AM
"
Let's turn that "15" into 0. Literally no point trying to gear a PvP char in an HC environment if cross-league events become standard.

^ this here And biggest reason not playing atm i guess is (atleast for me) not showing what kinda character your playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info