Finishing cruel and merciless rewards (and Merveil also)...

I'm sure a lot of people mentioned it already that after they beat DomDom the first time on cruel/merciless all we got is a talk with dialla and a portal to the next difficulty. None of the other act 3 NPC's congratulate to us. They act like if nothing is happened at all.
You beat the 2nd hardest to beat guy in the game and no one gives a sh*t.

At least we could use a gem reward or a skill point reward.

I hope when Act 4 arrives this also gets fixed.

Same thing when we kill Merveil. Tarkleigh just says his monologue and gives no rewards at all.

/
* Tarkleigh:-Howdy exile, still alive, huh? What ya been doing lately?
* You:-"Oh, not much. Just liberated Lioneye's Watch from a man eating siren/monster woman."
* Tarkleigh: -Whaitaminute! What?! You deserve a reward boy/girl. Here ya go lad/lass.

Gives you a book of skill.

Rewards should also proportionate to the difficulty level.

What do you think lads/lasses?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The reward for beating the final boss of a difficulty is the next difficulty, and all the rewards therein.

But yes, the NPCs should have dialogue that reflects what you've done.
"
Peterking72 wrote:
At least we could use a gem reward or a skill point reward.
Same thing when we kill Merveil. Tarkleigh just says his monologue and gives no rewards at all.
Rewards should also proportionate to the difficulty level.

What do you think lads/lasses?

(words about CB supporter and bad game knowledge supposed to be here)

You receive "reward" before the fight with Merveil from Nessa. She gives gem to help you.
Ever read the dialogue?
"
Nessa: If you must take your chances with the Siren, then have this. It may be of some help.

(aside from "reward is the access to next act\difficulty)
If you'd actually paid attention to dialogues, game lore and such - you'd see that it all has the purpose.

"
Nessa: First I thought you brave, then a fool for seeking out Merveil. A fool in love with death. Now... I don't know.

The coast is ours, thanks to you. But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?

Tarkleigh: Damn me! I didn't think it possible. All those souls Merveil and her brood have consumed over the years... you've done right by those that are dead, and by those who still might live.

I think it's really cool and gives some kind of "immersion" into the world and all what is happening around you and with you.
But it seems to me that you're the one from those "i demand instant gratitude" guys.
Nonetheless, would be good if i'm wrong about you.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Feb 10, 2015, 3:47:50 PM
I actually pay attention and have a fair amount of game knowledge and I'm definitely familiar with game lore.I read the dialogue and know Nessa gives me a support gem before the fight. I'm talking about the other NPC's though. Like Bestel and Tarkleigh. I'm not demanding instant gratitude, however I don't deny that it would be nice sometimes.

What is really annoying though (as I said) is finishing act 3. Only Dialla the Gemling Queen congratulates you. If you go back to town everyone acts if it's another run in the mill day.
If they would only fix that part only it would make the game so much better.

Also newbies would hook on the game much better if there were more rewards.
GGG can rely on micro transacttion and the number of players alone. Wouldn't you say they would be more succesful if they had even more players.
I know a lot of people only view things from their perspective and only care about lore.
Well I'm not one of those persons.
So you want even more free stuff for an already good deal by going to a new act? You are not supposed to go back to town, you are supposed to go onward to the next act and continue from there. So it makes little to no sense to have more rewards. They need to give alternate rewards for stuff that we dont need, that would be a lot better.
I always go back. Usually to sell the loot Dominus drops. Since I always have a portal open during boss fights it makes good sense not to waste it while it's still open. Plus usually, (for yet unknown reasons) when you start Act 1 again on a new difficulty you can't buy certain orbs until you reach act 3 again.

One more thing: Please don't tell me what I'm supposed to do, alright. I do whatever I please in the game as long as I'm able to do it. I always disliked people who were like: You are not supposed to... Who they think they are? Some authority?
"
Peterking72 wrote:
Also newbies would hook on the game much better if there were more rewards.

*shaking his head* These are the times...

I remember the times when you ran through the levels trying to beat the timer, completed dungeon and received like "FY, your princess is in another castle" :D

And you just want more and more rewards for everything, from every NPC (and, partially, "instant gratification", not directly but still, it can be seen in your posts)
"
Peterking72 wrote:
One more thing: Please don't tell me what I'm supposed to do, alright. I do whatever I please in the game as long as I'm able to do it. I always disliked people who were like: You are not supposed to... Who they think they are? Some authority?

1) This is free world, isn't it? Can't we express our opinion?
You're free not to agree with it, however, by saying "don't tell me what to do" you're starting the recursion.
Because you're telling other people what they should\shouldn't do. Hypocrite. Ironic.

2) Well, yes. If GGG designed the game, it's gameplay and rewards in this way - they are some kind of authority =)
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Mar 2, 2015, 3:40:48 PM
Well with Act4 coming up Dominus wont be the last boss anymore - you have to kill him to get to act4.

Nevertheless - I do agree on that 66 map from Merciless Dom does not just justify killing him. I suppose this will be removed though with a4 since Dom gives an "end game item" as is not Endgame himself anymore.

Would be nice to see if some of the new "hard to get gems" - if there will be any new like spell echo and multistrike - would be pooled to Dominus fights.

best
cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info