[1.3] Heavy Molten Striker [Bloodlines] by Chainsi

WORK IN PROGRESS!

Hey guys!

This is my first build and I would like to share it and maybe discuss about some changes.

Also I would appreciate any gear advise because I'm not the best player and would like to keep the build budget.

THIS BUILD IS NOT ABOUT CLEARSPEED!

I'm currently playing a non-crit 2H Molten Strike Marauder which will make use of Avatar of Fire. The current pathing will allow us to make use of many keystones ( 6! ). Another really cool thing about the pathing is that we can grab life nodes nearly everywhere without spending more or too much points.

Unfortunately I ripped my first version of the build when I was grinding experience for maps.

The Core:

It's our main damage which we can scale pretty well with some Weapon Elemental Damage nodes in the Templar area and two Fire Damage clusters in the Marauder area.

Point Blank
It'll help us to deal more damage with our Molten Strike projectiles since we'll use Multistrike which will tripple our amount of projectiles.

Resolute Technique
It's a really strong keystone and I love it. I use it very often because it improves non-crit builds by alot! We want to deal fire damage anyways and our initial hit wont be really strong which results in a relatively low burn damage.

Iron Grip
It fits the build really well because we want to scale our Molten Strike projectiles and we are getting a lot of strenght anyways.

Unvavering Stances
Since we are playing Meele this keystone is a must have because every little stun can result in a death. Although I think stuns can cause desync problems which are super dangerous for every type of Meele (at least in HC).

Planned Skill Tree (100 Points)

The next nodes I would pick are life nodes or endurance charges (we have access to 3) since they will provide surviveability if we use Enduring Cry.

Gear:

Weapon: I want to use a "Doomsower Lion Sword" because it provides 15% Increased Area of Effect which will be helpful if I use Concentrated Effect. Another pretty good thing in my mind are the 10% Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage pre red socket which should rocket our damage even more. Although it's really cheap and with a high roll it'll be one of the strongest 2H Swords at least for our use.

Helmet: I think an "Alpha's Howl" should be pretty good since we want to run some Auras but I didn't finally decide which ones I'm going to use (need some testing).

Chest: A good "Endgame" piece should be a "Lightning Coil" because it'll bring an amazing amount of surviveability (30% reduced Physical Damage taken).

Gems:

Weapon: (1)Molten Strike - (2)Multistrike - (3)Weapon Elemental Damage - (4)Blood Magic - (5)Faster Attacks - (6)Concentrated Effect

Can I use another 2H Weapon?

This should be no problem because the Skill Tree pathing allows us to grab Mace or Axe nodes just like the Sword ones.

I think it's personal preference which weapon type you prefer.

But I think the additional sword attack speed could be really useful since we want to genereate alot projectiles with Molten Strike.

Are there any reflect problems?

Well I ripped my first version around lvl 60 but I didn't notice any reflect problems. I assume that's because we deal ~50/50 - Elemental/Physical Damage.

_______

I apologize for any language failures since english is not my native language!

Inspired by the Molten Strike Community!
Last edited by Chainsi on Feb 10, 2015, 2:57:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info