WARCRY discussion thread

Hey,

Today GGG anounced they will add more Warcries and will even make it a seperate spell property (possibly boosted by certain uniques, support gems or new passive nodes?). GGG already gave away this one:

"
Inspiring Cry
Warcry, Spell, AoE
Taunts enemies, and increases the damage and flat mana regeneration (like Clarity) of you and nearby allies. Increased effect for each nearby enemy.

So, just like Enduring Cry, you get some durational benefit of which the power is depending on the number of enemies around you.

What do you guys think about Warcries? Will they make melee fighting more interesting, more annoying, different? Are Warcries more then impractical pseudo-aura's? Can they add to skill diversity?
Any speculation/discussion/suggestion is welcome here!

I'll kick of with a suggestion of my own:

"
Inviting Cry
Warcry, Spell, AoE, Duration
Taunts and pulls all enemies within a large radius towards you. All the following knockback effects caused by you and nearby allies pull targeted enemies towards you instead of pushing them away from you.

That is what melee is all about!
Last edited by Soepkieken on Feb 9, 2015, 5:04:45 AM
I'd be interested to see how they synergise with skills/auras, but from what I have read - the functionality makes it an unlikely candidate for taking up a precious gem slot outside of leveling up. Active buffs during leveling are always welcome :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Please give this little to no cast time to not make it overly annoying.
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
If it is attractive to use with CWDT, then I just consider it another skill failure. I'd vastly prefer something not meant to be spammed and is thus more powerful. I don't want another enduring cry linked up to CWDT.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Feb 9, 2015, 2:27:25 AM
"
If it is attractive to use with CWDT, then I just consider it another skill failure. I'd vastly prefer something not meant to be spammed and is thus more powerful. I don't want another enduring cry linked up to CWDT.

First step is to bring melee up to standard of flame blast and tornado, then we can looked making this game actually skillful. If these cry's have drawbacks, an abyssmal clear speed with having to cast 3+ buffing spells before every single pack, whilst tornado has already lololol'd its way through half the map we are still where we are now. The only solution I would consider acceptable is a self cast gem that casts all linked warcrys so we have some active engagement without being reduced to a buffing machine.
Why do you start new thread instead of talking in the original, announcement one, where your/our opinions could help GGG?
IGN @Ostropalca
"

They can just make it a "cast" and not a spell.
I prefer a powerful skill a la D2 warcry with long duration / self casted. Won't bother me casting it manually if it's really worth to level it !

Bring back the HOTO !
"
Alros wrote:

Yes! Especially as a melee you should be able to use it instantly and especially WHILE MOVING. Melee is so much about movement, not only for tactical reasons but also because it's more fun. This stop and go bullshit of enduring cry completely wrecks it for me.
Last edited by Jojas on Feb 9, 2015, 3:25:04 AM
"
Jojas wrote:
"
Alros wrote:

Yes! Especially as a melee you should be able to use it instantly and especially WHILE MOVING. Melee is so much about movement, not only for tactical reasons but also because it's more fun. This stop and go bullshit of enduring cry completely wrecks it for me.

"
chromafunk wrote:
I prefer a powerful skill a la D2 warcry with long duration / self casted. Won't bother me casting it manually if it's really worth to level it !

Bring back the HOTO !

These are the two possibilties I see. Either long duration (able to last for several fights at least) with longer cast or a short/instant cast for one engagement. Maybe even have both and make people able to choose between them through taking a keystone or something.

For example if we say it originally has a long cast and duration then the keystone could make both duration and radius smaller but lowering cast time and possibly increasing its effect. Thus you could make either a guy focusing on giving a smaller boost to a whole party for a longer duration or one with better effects for a caster who is in melee range.

Just an example but seems interesting to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info