[1.3] Hulk Smash - CI, VP, Ground Slam

***Build in Progress*** Currently Level 74 with 15K DPS. Expecting to hit 50K Plus on a 5L with around 5exalted worth of gear.

Introducing Hulk Smash
Do you enjoy smashing everything in front of you with a massive two hand mace? Well I do. So I built this character around a couple of ideas I had been toying with. I also can't stand those mega expensive mega-exalt builds, most regular players can't afford that. Here is what I have come up with. Happy smashing.

Why Ground Slam?
Ground slam comes with implicit melee splash, it is an entire gem socket that you simply do not need to use, which can be replaced by Added Fire or Weapon Elemental Damage. In our case we're going to be using Melee Physical on Full Life.

Why Chaos Inoculation?(I know I was afraid of it for a long time too)
CI unlocks some pretty neat tricks for us. Being immune to chaos damage is a really nice place to start. Secondly you can run Incandescent Heart unique armor which mitigates 25% of all elemental damage. It's like having +7% max elemental resist, better than running three purity aura's with inner force. We get access to free blood rage with has 5% Life Leech and grants us attack speed through frenzy charges. Finally we can gain access to an additional more damage multiplier full time - Melee Damage on Full Life.

Defense
Spoiler
5.5K ES (Using Discipline Aura)
Chaos Immune
56% All Elemental Resist of the tree
40% Phys Damage Reduction with 3 Endurance Charges
25% Less Elemental Damage taken through Incandescent Heart (equivalent of 82% Max resist)
11% Physical Life Leech through gear and blood rage
Vaal Pact for instant leeches
Cannot be Stunned through eye of Chayula
Cannot be frozen through Dream Fragments

Offense
Spoiler

This is where the fun really begins. As mentioned before you make the most of ground slams implicit melee splash. We run three more multipliers to really ramp up our damage. We run Hatred and Herald of Ash to maximize our elemental scaling from physical damage.

We run 2x 5L attacks.
Large AOE Attack
Ground Slam > Melee Physical > Melee Physical on Full Life > Multistrike > Added Fire

Small AOE/Boss Attack
Ground Slam > Melee Physical > Melee Physical on Full Life > Multistrike > Concentrated Effect
This boss attack has three damage Multipliers scaling your massive 450DPS mace for brutal damage. It also offers a small AOE allowing for killing trash mobs next to a boss.

Bandit Rewards
Spoiler

Normal = Kill All
Cruel = Help Oak
Merciless = Kill All

Passive Tree's

Leveling
Spoiler

1-50
I leveled using Face Breakers and Meginords Girdle + ES Shield for first 50 Levels, Using Frenzy and Melee Splash. It is easy to get 5000-6000 DPS on a 4L using this method more than enough to level.

50-70
This set of levels can be a bit grindy, your DPS isn't necessarily as high as you'd like, and you don't have access to your main chest yet. However once you hit level 70, Incandescent Heart is like a dream come true.

Switching to CI
I switched to CI when I was around level 45, you need around 3K ES, which is achievable if you run an ES Shield + Discipline. You must also have Ghost Reaver passive to make this switch. You then run Blood Rage which gives you 4% Life Leech and keeps you alive.

Switching to Two Hand
You want to swap out of Facebreaker once you have a 400DPS Two Hand Mace and 3.5K ES.

Transition to Vaal Pact
Once you have Incandescent heart and a Doryani's Invitation Physical Belt you will have at least 11% physical Life Leech. Consider taking VP from this time.

Aura's
Spoiler

Discipline
Hatred
Herald of Ash

Gems
Spoiler

Large AOE Attack
Ground Slam > Melee Physical > Melee Physical on Full Life > Multistrike > Added Fire

Small AOE/Boss Attack
Ground Slam > Melee Physical > Melee Physical on Full Life > Multistrike > Concentrated Effect

Atziri Yes or No?
Should be possible, will confirm once done or not.

Gear 5-6 Exalt
Spoiler

Gear should cost around 5-6 Exalted Total.
Gearing this character is cheap, you only need 2x 5L. You also get a total of 56% Elemental Resistance off the tree which means you can focus your gear on high ES and damage on rings instead of resistance. You want to drop most of your orbs into a 450+ Physical DPS Mace. We use Eye of Chayula to avoid being Stunned and Dream Fragments to assist with Mana and to avoid being Frozen.

If you have any questions, comments or improvements to the build, please comment below. I will update this thread as I progress the build. And with video's once I tackle Atziri etc.

Last edited by AngryCustard on Feb 9, 2015, 1:15:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info