New Skill Development - Part 1

Will one of these warcry's use /oos for us and disable particle effects? Cause I'd use the warcry then.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
I got an idea:

Flurry: Performs a flurry of attacks which deal 130% base damage. 4 attacks per flurry. Can be used with two handed weapons and sword n' board.
Another day in Damnation!
Last edited by Menelay on Feb 9, 2015, 5:43:28 AM
We need pants. This is not a meme, we need pants as another 4-link source.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
sid is 100% correct. I don't think I've typed that before. Tastes funny.

Spoiler
It's too late to fix melee. The level of commitment in the development from OB to now to encouraging, rewarding and even demanding ranged+AoE play is staggering. Any and all true melee options are eventually absorbed into the ranged-AoE collective with crap like melee splash and Spectral Throw and now Static Strike (which is fun enough to use, but is hardly a nice, meaty weapon-based attack). People still use 'DPS' but only because 'KPS' isn't numerically friendly. Do not doubt that Kills Per Second is the real metric here. 'Not enough clear speed' is a thing, it's a BIG thing, and that's a real tragedy. Your ARPG, rich and deep and nigh infinite, has turned into a shmup for a lot of people, and worse, a shmup where you have to spend significant time trading to outfit your little spaceship instead of just finding upgrades as you go. Nothing I've not said before. Nothing a lot of you haven't said before.

It's not only too late to fix it -- it's too late to reprogram the users. You've given them entirely too much candy and despite the rotten teeth, they just want more and more. Oh, some part of them knows that this isn't exactly healthy but that's the nature of being spoilt and addiction.

Unless there is some miracle worked with 1.4 wherein not only the game is reinvented but also the playerbase's expectations completely reworked, I absolutely believe the game needs to end at 4 acts, GGG need to seriously look at what they had in Closed Beta, and look at what they have now, and ponder every single change as a lesson, a question: did we do that, and if we could do it again, what would we do differently?

And then, after figuring all that out, GGG need to start making Diablo 2. Sorry, Path of Exile 2.

That I would be calling for this when I've put so much money towards a game I ultimately want to be dismantled and rebuilt should strike you, dear reader, as a very, very significant statement. I've put over 20k USD into PoE. Not into GGG, as I'd like, but PoE itself. And it's been an incredible experience, but it's felt like tying rockets to a skateboard for a while now. That cliche is unusually apt here -- the basic model is rickety and unstable, fine if you don't mind a bunch of scrapes and bruises as part of the fun, but adding new things cannot and does not improve on the basic model. They just make it more dangerous, more unstable, more unattractive as a ride.

It's time for GGG to graduate from these unwieldy additions to their frankly unbalanced skateboard. Get back to the drawing board and start building that car. I know you can.

And who cares if it takes years again? Or more development money? You know there are more fans of GGG than of PoE, right? Announce a new game, especially one that promises to address some of the issues we have with PoE, and watch the support pour in. I guarantee it. I'll be first in line.

I wish I could so eloquently get my thoughts from my brain onto a thread. Thankfully since I share a lot of those views, I can just let you do it for me!

I rank this post 4 and a 1/2 flaming pineapples out of 5.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Xavderion wrote:

+.

Templar needs pants, because his balls already frozen.
"
Boem wrote:
Mind over mater is actually receiving some love for it's current placement.

Very glad to see that, i hope more things are added to boost the power of this key-stone in it's current position
(also +1 for news updates like this, very cool rory, thanks)

Yeah I like this new skill too. Always thought about MOM melee char, but it just doesnt really work atm because EB and MOM are just way too far away and without EB you'd have to skip auras

Those crys also could take the role as "aura" for blood magic builds... I like that

"
onizuka1488 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Templar needs pants, because his balls already frozen.

Yeah another item slot would be perfect!
This new gem is not attractive. It's not for melee but incinerate/freeze pulse. Mana regen? Melee don't have problems with mana. Make more gems restricted to weapon class, so crit or AoE builds can't use it. Cuz this new gem looks like a buff to them, not for a melee. Make more survivability nodes near marauder/duelist/templar. Buff dmg cleave/double strike/dual strike/heavy strike.
And cap crit chance for AoE builds to 50%.
This will fix game mechanics.
Now it's only caster/bow game, where true tank don't exist.
"
"
geradon wrote:

you could be wrong that ggg can't change basic mechanics, think of open beta and how they nerfed race rewards and damage afterwards.

I didn't say change. I said fix. The course has been chosen and there is no way I can see for this train to get back to its original set of tracks.

still, looking at the game now and thinking back to open beta, it's like different games. balance always shifted around, crafting got changed substantially, content got more variety.

i like that ggg didn't touch their basic principles yet: more features (block, evade, dodge) and cheating security for the backdraw of more desync, no item degradation and account bound items for the drawback of sparse loot, no auction house for the backdraw of (most) players having to play the game to get items and orbs instead of flipping their way to success, no pay to win and a free game with the backdraw of having to rely on the goodwill of financially sound players who like the game...

which of these principles would you throw over board when starting fresh?

my opinion is: they really can't, cause touching anything of that would drive away a certain set of people who liked the game since the beginning for it.

fixing balance on the other hand is just slowly adjusting some values in the damage table, nothing serious. if it's combined with the introduction of new content, most people will not notice anyway. if they have to start fresh for the new content.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I think GGG need to buff at least a little bit lightning arrow, because everyone is using just tornado shot, if is not tornado shot is split arrow or ice shot, lightning arrow is always the last to be used (if someone still use them..), lightning arrow is a great skill idea but it just need a little buff, dont need to be a damage buff, just something to increase his popularity in poe.
I donno if it would work well but here's an idea:

Totem that gives buff according to the number of mobs in it's area of effect if you are also in the area of effect. Like 1% attack speed/cast speed per 3 mobs or something :)
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info