New Skill Development - Part 1

GGG, we need "Battle Order" and 2 x 1H weapons with 3 to Warcries - that's the truth :)
Hey Rory ... it's all good but ... i'm a bit worried ...

"We intended to release many of them at level 34 as a reward for progressing through the new content, so they would need to adjust or enhance existing builds, rather than be a skill you build around."

So no new attack skills / spells ? What happened to the promised new melee attack skill that would work for unarmed attacks ? :(
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
I've put over 20k USD into PoE.

What. Ignoring why, but how? You could buy every single top-tier supporter pack and MTX for a fraction of that. What in blazes were you getting out of it?
Last edited by MaraWuti on Feb 9, 2015, 3:08:03 AM
"
"
MaraWuti wrote:
"
I've put over 20k USD into PoE.

What. Ignoring why, but how? You could buy every single top-tier supporter pack and MTX for a fraction of that. What in blazes were you getting out of it?

The satisfaction of knowing I've done everything I could to ensure this game existed. That GGG's gamble to make a free to play, ethically focused, painfully faithful ARPG paid off. They made this game for people like me (Gen X D1/D2 veterans who can afford to put some cash towards their hobbies and passions) and people like me have an obligation to respond.

And they have made it. And it's been good. But, for reasons I've already stated, I think it's time to move on. MMO and MOBA devs get away with sticking with one product because they have a whole different appeal. No ARPG dev has stuck with the same title for longer than a few years -- they either made other things, made a sequel or they sunk. Torchlight 1 to Torchlight 2 was three years, and that only lasted as long due to the high moddability. An online only ARPG, a first time effort by an indie outfit, one riddled with netcode issues, optimisation issues, top-heavy itemisation and a financial model that essentially relies on a mixture of goodwill and ever-frequent 'stash tab sales'? There is no way that should be expected to carry a company into lasting prosperity.

And you shouldn't assume I don't have all the titles or mtxes. ;)

That doesn't really answer my question. I understand why, but I mean.. did you just buy thousands upon thousands of stash tabs? Or 20 of each supporter pack?
"
"
MaraWuti wrote:

That doesn't really answer my question. I understand why, but I mean.. did you just buy thousands upon thousands of stash tabs? Or 20 of each supporter pack?

You asked what I was getting out of it. I answered that.

My last sentence also answered your subsequent query. You may not know how much some supporter packs cost, but the Ruler one was $12.5k alone.

Noted. For someone who's at work and has limited googlefu right now, what was the monster you designed?

I am looking forward to continuing to play this game for a long time,
and I hope act 4 is not the end of the road.

act 4 should be brilliant and im sure a lot of changes are coming,
this is a brilliant game and is definitely not perfect but nothing ever is.

long live poe.
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
I wonder what will happen when PoE dies .. and everything dies eventually ...
First there won't be any new content ever .. but then? Servers will shut down after some time and PoE won't exist anymore? I really hope for some sort of an off-line version when this happens.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 9, 2015, 3:50:50 AM
Hmm. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but after reading the tags Warcry, Spell, AoE i cant get this new support out of my head anymore..

Cry on Hit.
Last edited by Toverkol on Feb 9, 2015, 4:04:01 AM
"
MaraWuti wrote:
"
<...>
You asked what I was getting out of it. I answered that.

My last sentence also answered your subsequent query. You may not know how much some supporter packs cost, but the Ruler one was $12.5k alone.

Noted. For someone who's at work and has limited googlefu right now, what was the monster you designed?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1112108
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Please add pants :D
I would be happy to see some new mechanics.
Also I think the main problem for melees are still in survavibility, not the dmg|mana regen. That warcry sounds more playable for builds like incinerate|freezing pulse.
Permanently sorry for bad English :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info