New Skill Development - Part 1

I would definitely like to see more articles like this one. And it's nice to see melee getting some love.
Talking about totems, I tried to make a Duel Totem Ranger using Ranger Totems, I couldn't make a viable build, it cost about 50 points to get from the ranger to deal totems, skipping nearly everything. I feel this needs to be addressed, you just don't see ranger totem being used very much.

Personally I feel that the the Marauder hogs the totems but they are a game mechanic that should be offered to everyone. Personally a quick fix I can think of is to add a ranger (only?) totem nodes near to the ranger. So Marauder has all totems, the Ranger range totems nodes. (Witch magic totems nodes?)
HaHaHa - YES!
thats awesome.

we really need some sound MTX
i wanna hear

RAAAAAAAAAR! end cry
WUHHHHH! new warcry
RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Immortal call
ROOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Vaal immortal call

also pvp season 2?
8/8 Overachiever
http://twitch.tv/hegemonyTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/hegemonypoe
"
Sounds great until you realize the game has CWDT. Whoops. Check brain at door, please.

Hopefully it is a skill and not a spell so it won't work with CwDT.
"
Marquoz wrote:
Hopefully it is a skill and not a spell so it won't work with CwDT.

Well, the skill description on page 1 has the "spell" tag in it, so it's (currently) a spell. Unless maybe part 2 or 3 discusses the headache of trying to balance skills in the post-CWDT world.

"
Zalpha wrote:
Talking about totems, I tried to make a Duel Totem Ranger using Ranger Totems, I couldn't make a viable build, it cost about 50 points to get from the ranger to deal totems, skipping nearly everything. I feel this needs to be addressed, you just don't see ranger totem being used very much.

Personally I feel that the the Marauder hogs the totems but they are a game mechanic that should be offered to everyone. Personally a quick fix I can think of is to add a ranger (only?) totem nodes near to the ranger. So Marauder has all totems, the Ranger range totems nodes. (Witch magic totems nodes?)

Ranged attack totems really suck right now, you're correct about that. There are a number of totems nodes down near the Duelist. RAT seems like it would be a fun support/utility skill, but it takes too long to cast and the damage is too low to be worth casting in my (limited) experience with the skill.
Warcry key word = war cry nodes? war cry uniques?
"
Rory wrote:
In addition, all enemies in the radius are taunted to attack the caster.

The last thing Melee characters need is to draw more fire. It should be "all enemies in the radius lose agro", now that would be much more helpful for melee players.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Thanks very much for sharing this with us Rory; glad to see melee getting some attention. Keep up the great work!
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
So you tried to come up with an original idea, FAILED and then decided to just steal from Diablo 2 again and go with a taunt warcry? Sounds inspired...
Saved
Last edited by 60x7 on Feb 8, 2015, 10:55:01 PM
"
60x7 wrote:
So you tried to come up with an original idea, FAILED and then decided to just steal from Diablo 2 again and go with a taunt warcry? Sounds inspired...
there is no real taunt in POE...
D2 taunt had a duration which made you the target the whole duration

sadly POE doesnt have that and if you are a player that aim to be hit or take the hits for others, you cant
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info