rebalancing crit

if you want to tackle crit chance you should look at daggers first.

daggers should not come along with an already high crit chance and then have a 40-80% crit chance on top of it all.

"
vangrandson wrote:
However a crit chance of 50% + should not be achievable anymore because a critical strike doesnt feel critical anymore if you crit 60% of times, it feels more like you miss if you dont crit. The solution would be to nerf the base crit chance of all weapons and spells to 3-5%.

What do you think, would this solve the crit problem?

I think you would destroy all the Cast on Crit builds. GG for diversity.
Crit was rebalanced oh no wait, its not rebalanced, they don't do any sort of balancing at all, but it was DEMOLISHED multiple fucking times already, multiplier was nerfed to oblivion TWICE because of QQers like these. Seriously tho, renaming the game to Path of Nerfs would be a better suggestion than any of these posts.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
Crit was rebalanced oh no wait, its not rebalanced, they don't do any sort of balancing at all, but it was DEMOLISHED multiple fucking times already, multiplier was nerfed to oblivion TWICE because of QQers like these. Seriously tho, renaming the game to Path of Nerfs would be a better suggestion than any of these posts.

Eh, these folks are just making suggestions as to what they think would be best for the game....mostly.

I look at it this way....

If I needed to go crit to play the game, then I would be asking for nerfs also, but I don't. My main characters are all non crit. they have what most people would call dismal dps, but they clear 78 maps no problems.

It doesn't need to be changed imo, because it doesn't really matter that much. 15k dps is just as good as 100k as far as doing end game maps. As far as atzeri is concerned , they shouldn't balance the game around that instance.

I fully understand why folks are asking for crit adjustments, I agree in principal, but when push comes to shove it really doesn't matter that much.
lol u nerf ppl
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
lol u nerf ppl

still riding around on fat chickens?
"
Xtorma wrote:
"
lol u nerf ppl

still riding around on fat chickens?

Hes quite adorable mind you hes not fat :(
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Lol just another weekly crit too OP QQ NURF PLS thread.
"
PigJuicer wrote:
Lol just another weekly crit too OP QQ NURF PLS thread.

They have a quota to meet or else they'll be fired by their RT overlords
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
Yggdrasil_57 wrote:
"
vangrandson wrote:
However a crit chance of 50% + should not be achievable anymore because a critical strike doesnt feel critical anymore if you crit 60% of times, it feels more like you miss if you dont crit. The solution would be to nerf the base crit chance of all weapons and spells to 3-5%.

What do you think, would this solve the crit problem?

I think you would destroy all the Cast on Crit builds. GG for diversity.

It would be fairly easy to balance CoC against lower average Crit-Chances. You could turn it into an always fire on Crit Trigger with an additional benefit for leveling (like a chance to fire a second time, better damage etc). This would work with any average crit-chance even if Harbingers, Daggers and Wands would get a lower Chance.

"

It doesn't need to be changed imo, because it doesn't really matter that much. 15k dps is just as good as 100k as far as doing end game maps. As far as atzeri is concerned , they shouldn't balance the game around that instance.

I fully understand why folks are asking for crit adjustments, I agree in principal, but when push comes to shove it really doesn't matter that much.

It is not just Atziri were Crit is overwhelming compared to Non-Crit. It is basically any longer fight. Of course uniques that just die when you right-click them with crit are normally not that much harder with RT. But crit makes it very easy to get high damage, often with mediocre equipment. Daggers, Wands and Sceptres at least have the trade-off of being hard to roll (and claws suck), but exspecially harbinger and decimation bows make it incredible easy to get a 250+ dps bow with 8,5+% chance to crit.

Just nerfing daggers a bit or modifying some values wouldn't really solve the issues, since its a flaw in the system in general.

1. 2h-weapons beside bows are underwhelming
2. Slow Weapons are underwhelming
3. Flask-Charges with non-crit are problematic

There already was a lengthy topic when UberAtziri was first killed by a build using a 2h-weapon and some of the solutions are rather simple, while some require more complex changes.

A: Weapon-Rebalance

Weapons need their own damage-effectiveness (unless a skill like sweep overrides their AS), this means a Foil with a base-speed of 1,7 benefits less from stuff like Auras or other Flat modifiers like a 2h-mace, based on the damage per hit, the dps is the same for both.

Weapons need to be more diversified. There could be weapons that have even less then 5% base-crit while hitting really hard. Daggers however could get a new implicit that actually reduces crit-multiplier, while increasing crit-chance. This fits a dagger that has a high chance to hit critical spots on enemies, but doesn't hit them as hard as an axe or a mace. This could also result in a lot more base-line items over time or at least more diversity in high-end items. Right now there are 7 Tier 3 bows (from Thicket to Harbinger) and only Harbinger, Thicket and Imperial are actually useful.

Axes are kinda underwhelming as 2h-weapons. They could get a low-crit chance and Melee Crit-Multiplier or some of them could get culling strike as a mod (even more awesome if it would be a scythe).

B: Potion-Rebalance

A potion should be something with a high impact for a certain situation. While potions actually do have a high impact it is too easy to use them permanently (for certain crit-builds at least). I don't think they should be permanently avaible, not even closely. They can refill during a fight, but it needs to be something you can't force that easily like critical strikes or it has to be with lower impact then it is right now. A CoC char can gain 10 Charges with just one attack (or even more). Even a LL-Char can easily get 4-5 Charges per second, which is way too much (and another reason why attack-speed is so incredible important).

It would also be cool if certain flasks get charges for certain effects. Granite Flasks when you get stunned, jade-flasks when you do not evade, ele-flasks when you get effected by the corresponding status-effect etc. Flasks could be more interesting, they could even be more impactful for the moment you can actually benefit from them. But right now this is limited by the fact that you have to consider that a flask is active all the time.

C: Skill-Options

Some of them are... odd. Why can't we leap-slam with bare hands? Wouldn't using Reave and Whirling Blades with 1h-axes that bad? Isn't an axe just a staff with a blade? Why can't we sweep. Giving some more off-choices for weapons would be cool. Static Strike and Molten Strike gave some more options but there is still a bit room. I would also like to see a Melee Spell (actually... why isn't Molten Shell Melee, the tag wouldn't do much besides the fact that it would benefit from the few pure Melee-Damage nodes at Shadow/Templer Start) and an intelligence based melee-attack. Also... Split Arrow should totally be Split Shot and be usable with Wands.

It is a bit easy to just look at crit. How many of those crit-builds use slow weapons? Maybe the physical crit rangers, that require high mobility, but in general they all have really high AS so that is obviously as much part of the problem as crit is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info