Helping a friend getting leveld

Hello there,

I'm lvl 62 atm and my friend is ~29
What is best way to help my friend getting level ups fast?
Map: "Area is inhabited by Goatmen"
Templar: "Heavy breathing"
For a second there I thought the title was 'helping a friend getting laid'.

No matter, the trouble about the whole thing is you'll be sucking away his experience if your level is much higher than his. The system is in place specifically to prevent such exploits and there's also the snag about needing to be within two screens away to get XP.

So, the best way to help him level would be to help him rush through the tough parts and let him level on his own in easy areas.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
If it's his first playthrough i would suggest he levels up the regular way to not miss any content.
If, however, he already knows the story well and really wants to speed through the levels, there are a few things you can do that will spoil the story but allow him to advance way faster:

1. give him all necessary waypoints so he can skip some of the longer parts like going from the crossroads to level 2 in the chamber of sins in act 2.

2. carry/ help with quests. The fastest way to do this is for you to clear until the quest objective (usually a boss), then make a fresh portal for him to join you just for fulfilling the objective. In the meantime, he can farm at the most efficient areas while you prepare all the quests for him.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
1.) give him all the waypoints
2.) give him some decent stuff like a 5L, a Brightbeak or a goldrim, and of course some boots with 30% movement speed!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Feb 7, 2015, 11:16:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info