(build help) L.Tendrils EB build: Shadow vs Witch, L.Coil vs CoD

I have been toying with the idea of a build for Lightning Tendrils that uses EB, and at least Clarity + Arctic Armor + Herald of Ice + Herald of Thunder + Purity of Lightning for self buffs/auras.

Planned 5L:
-Lightning Tendrils
-Faster Casting
-Lightning Peneration
-Concentrated Effect
-Life Leech

The build has the current numbers:
404% total damage (270% passive + 134% gear)
469% increased critical chance (335% passive + 134% gear)
164% increased critical multiplier (100% passive, 64% gear)
71% increased cast speed (22% passive + 49% 20/20 Faster Casting gem)
186% increased mana regeneration(40% passive + 146% gear)
56% increased max mana
52.4% increased max es
38% reduced mana reserved (30% passive + alpha's howl)

Q1: Shadow vs Witch

Shadow start gives:
10 es
26% elemental damage
12% cast speed

Witch start gives:
14 es
12% es
24% mana
55% mana regeneration

So I understand that more cast speed = less root/stationary time when casting Lightning Tendrils, but will the 12% cast speed from Shadow make a big difference since the build already has 71% cast speed?

Q2: Lightning Coil vs Cloak of Defiance
The auras/buffs I want to run will amount to about ~40% + 250 reserved mana (38% reduced mana reserved + L20 reduced mana). The estimated max mana pool with CoD will be around 2.3-2.4k mana (maybe more with witch instead of shadow), life-wise it will be 4k+.

I can afford to buy either a 5L LC or CoD - considering all these factors, which one would I be better off with?
Last edited by Zealflare on Feb 7, 2015, 6:11:08 AM
Take CoD, why? 1st it is for any dmg, will help a lot vs reflect. 2nd u need 4 blue, hf rolling it on cloak :)

If u could start witch or shadow, why dont u just take one u like more and than got to start of the other one and have it all?
"
1337fun wrote:
Take CoD, why? 1st it is for any dmg, will help a lot vs reflect. 2nd u need 4 blue, hf rolling it on cloak :)

If u could start witch or shadow, why dont u just take one u like more and than got to start of the other one and have it all?

Crap, totally forgot about socket colors. CoD it is then.

I wanted to choose the starts since I just wanted to get the better one and just ignore the other (not enough skill points).

Looks like witch will be the way to go then, I'll probably need that extra mana/regen for MoM.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info