*Shield Block* build questions...

I'm planning to start a new character after a long break from PoE. I'm currently in the process of planning out my new build.

I've always enjoyed the idea of an "AoE Tank" build; with the intent on having a character with high elemental resistance, high block chance via shield and doing enough AoE damage to decimate anything that's close to me.

I was hoping to get some opinions/suggestions from some more experienced players in regards to 2 builds that I'm deciding between:

BUILD OPTION 1: Molten Shell + Molten Strike

My idea was to concentrate my talent choices on physical melee damage to boost the power of Molten Strike, also picking up +fire damage nodes to boost both Molten Strike and Molten Shell.

This would theoretically allow me to tank a large number of mobs with my shield and high block chance, while Molten Strike and high physical damage would let me do decent damage to smaller groups of mobs or boss mobs, that may not proc Molten Shell at a decent rate.

BUILD OPTION 2: Block Tank

My second idea was to create a tank that bases the large majority of it's damage on abilities that do damage on block:

a) Tempest Shield
b) Reckoning
c) Molten Shell (based on dmg, not block but still a good AoE skill)

My main question is if I were to use "Elemental Equilibrium" and link "Reckoning" with added frost damage, would this idea work. Since Tempest Shield and Reckoning both proc off of blocks, would the bonus of Elemental Equilibrium be negated because they occur at the same time or would I get the bonus damage?

My final question is should I be using "Blood Magic", and how can I get the most benefit from a "Life Leech" link in both builds?

Any other comments or suggestions to improve these builds would be much appreciated and welcomed!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info