Damage Auras and DPS Strategies

Hi everyone,

So there are a few things here I am unsure about

1) Auras for damage, mainly those that don't seem to calculate into DPS
2) Synergies between Added Fire Gem and Herald of Ash that is not calculated into DPS
3) Differences in damage between auras that offer
---a) "Gaining Phys. Damage" as "x elemental damage"
---b) versus auras that simply "add elemental damage" to attacks

Obviously, having more physical damage on weapons will help those auras like Hatred. But I cannot run 3 auras with Hatred, so I was wondering if....

Basically this:

Herald of Ice, Herald of Ash and Grace (Iron Reflexes)
total DPS: 39,950

or

Hatred and Grace
total DPS: 45,733

I am a dual striker marauder with Legacy BoR and some epic gear. I attack 8.8x per second and leech with Vaal's Pact. I wanted my DPS to be really high but it seems stuck at the 40k range.

I am sure there is a buttload of AoE DPS not being calculated from Herald of Ash however my clear speed is already one-hit kills them all.

Thanks everyone!
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
are you unsure of which has higher damage of the two auras? Hatred and Herald of ash, gives you % MORE elemental dmg of your total PHYS dmg... Where as Herald of Ice, just adds a number of damage on top of your Attacks, which scales with Attack speed, and elemental damage.

If you are heavy focused on Phys dmg in your skill tree, the best DPS Aura set-up is Herald of ASH, and HATRED.
You could spec into aura reservation and aura buff nodes and then use all three heralds + hatred and weapon ele damage gem. This COULD increase your damage substantially. It works with crit builds. So you would play some kind of a hybrid build.
But tbh with non crit phys builds you hit some kind of a damage wall at some point. And I think you did, especially when you use BiS / legacy gear.
45k damage with a RT based Dual Strike build is pretty good. The only way you could deal more damage as melee would be using two handers and / or a skill with more base damage (static strike for example which has 25% more base damage).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info