[HELP ME] Flame Totem BM Marauder build.

My build is pretty good but I want to optimize it.

I'm going to have about 35% crit chance with 320% crit multiplier (399% if using crit multi gem), 5% fire penetration from tree, using infernal mantle (25% fire damage converted to chaos).

My gems are Flame Totem - GMP - Faster Casting - Fire Penetration - Faster Proj - Added Chaos.

I want to know in general mapping (75-78 maps) would I be better with Fire Penetration or Crit multiplier? If I switch Faster Proj for Crit Mutliplier instead, would my flame totem not kill packs well anymore?

I'm really not sure, because I get +1 to fire gems in my infernal mantle, on top of having 5% fire pen on the tree, so Fire pen gem seems really good, but I have some Chaos damage coming from Added Chaos and 25% of my fire damage converted to Chaos, i'm also going a crit build... So I don't know what to do.
Last edited by Vaagur on Feb 2, 2015, 4:26:08 AM
Its depends a lot (your playstyle, as example) and ill give you some thoughts.

Using penetration will help with 75% of the damage, so if you are dealing 2k, 1500 will be penetrated but the 500 chaos not. So, crit multi will work with all the amount, do the maths.

Maybe, if you drop faster projectiles, you are going to lose some range, but you can grab some nodes like ballistic/sniper, use the karui ward unique amulet (nice for getting double curse on a corrupt) or projectile speed on a crafted wand (i dont know if works only with the hit of the wand or others skills too, need to test).

"
FightorFall wrote:
Its depends a lot (your playstyle, as example) and ill give you some thoughts.

Using penetration will help with 75% of the damage, so if you are dealing 2k, 1500 will be penetrated but the 500 chaos not. So, crit multi will work with all the amount, do the maths.

Maybe, if you drop faster projectiles, you are going to lose some range, but you can grab some nodes like ballistic/sniper, use the karui ward unique amulet (nice for getting double curse on a corrupt) or projectile speed on a crafted wand (i dont know if works only with the hit of the wand or others skills too, need to test).

It's really hard to know which is better.

I can't get Karui Ward, I have to get resist and HP on my amulet.

Don't forget I also have Added Chaos Gem which won't benefit from Fire Pen.

But also, don't forget that Fire pen makes the enemies have 32% Fire Res. If they had 75 Fire Res previously, they would take 500 Chaos and 375 Fire Damage and now they would take 500 Chaos and 1020 Fire Damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info