My mapping experience this patch

- farm 8-10 lower level maps to get a 77+ map
- roll 77+ map with 90%+ quant and double boss/pack size or something
- get not even a same level map
- repeat/logout

Am I extremely unlucky or are Zana mods the new standard for sustaining high mapping? I can't really afford that as a solo player.

Build up a pool of 77s before you run them.
"
Zed_ wrote:
- farm 8-10 lower level maps to get a 77+ map
- roll 77+ map with 90%+ quant and double boss/pack size or something
- get not even a same level map
- repeat/logout

Am I extremely unlucky or are Zana mods the new standard for sustaining high mapping? I can't really afford that as a solo player.

Most of the streamers are playing solo, me included except I dont stream.
Watch some streamers doing maps and how they maintain their map pool.
I found incredible useful watching Nicebuild's flameblaster today as he was running a lot of palace maps like there is no tomorrow. And when I saw his stash with 77-78 maps... oh man.
Also he was not using any of the Zana's "special" mod, only the basic one for a few more Q.
There is no answer and no guide for map drops as it's totally random, but you can always get better managing your map pool and mods u are running.
Acceptance of the fact that solo play is gimpped will help you through these moments. Don't compare yourself to people who play with a different rule set. You're doing fine if you can even run a 77.
Map drop rates are fine. Although they could rise up a little so we need to buy more stash tabs lol

I have 6 stash tabs full of maps (all from rampage). It seems now its a bit better
just oneshot through the 70-74s first and force yourself to do them , then once they are all used up move onto 75 76 77 there is 0 difference between those tiers besides a bit more xp and t1 mods from 78ilvl items which will still roll 99% of the time terribly so you alt orb a blue for 2-3mods that you want capped.

sounds stupid but this company is too stubborn and elitist to understand that their game is shitty in this regard and one of the main reasons people quit it right next to unresponsive and arrogant developers regarding real problems.

ps: i aint even mad just lurking since open beta.
Last edited by Kechop on Feb 1, 2015, 9:57:00 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:

This is the same result mathematically speaking.

- Run 20 lvl76 maps and build up pool of 5 lvl77 maps. Then run the 5 lvl77 maps.

or

- Run 4 lvl76 maps and 1 lvl77 map. Repeat 5 times.

Same thing in the end.

Nope. Why do we run 77 and 78 maps. To get XP.

If you spend your 80s building the pool when 73-76 actually give you XP and save the 77s for level 89+ you will be much better off. People are so impatient. Now when you run a lower level map, it loses a great amount of its value.
"
sanleon wrote:
Map drop rates are fine. Although they could rise up a little so we need to buy more stash tabs lol

I have 6 stash tabs full of maps (all from rampage). It seems now its a bit better

The map drop rate is fine, but getting maps of equal or greater level of the map you're doing is not fine. I've been playing the game long enough to know what map drops used to be like, and it is much better now. But I can't help finding myself asking, where would we be without cartography boxes? And the answer is not something I wish to find out.
Isbox1: leader of all that is great and glorious on this earth, great thinker of men, reigning champion of supreme thought provoking individuals, Mensa, PHD, uncontested world's number one good looking model is now addressing you:

sorry for your bad RNG luck OP

Isbox1: leader of all that is great and glorious on this earth, great thinker of men, reigning champion of supreme thought provoking individuals, Mensa, PHD, uncontested world's number one good looking model is now leaving your thread.

Thanking you, my loyal subjects for your full undivided attention
Isbox1

Last edited by Isbox1 on Feb 1, 2015, 11:14:36 AM
"
Barivius wrote:

I'm not talking about xp gain I'm talking about map drops so this doesn't help at all. Just trying to get a Vaal Temple for myself at this point for the challenge but I'm constantly dropping down to 75-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info