Need some advice regarding a crit flicker build (Updated with skill tree) :)

Right, so I've been searching the forums etc and did some theory-crafting myself.

Block-nerf has hit staffs pretty heavily and you can now only get 28% with hege's era. Seems a little low.
So I've had an ign chat with EyeOfBrute (thanks again for taking the time) and he suggested Daresso's. I really do like evasion/dodge characters so I came up with the following tree:

Edit:

New tree... started at scion and skipped the marauder start:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyi-vAOW9MZuPUUKYEM11oMJMZ5vnqZXyko64U3jwzryRf6Pm7X-CjWSIuq3Pti96NbGrgW153Qcpzwt1CNtbAxfxPZM_zBxNj0Pq7VIpctTpT0PcqmvbN2onarssBa_8-oczqyq9zJo8kt4YqxsjIwLJpUqCytQWfOSffAfPO86Qrl8YeJwUg3NwBqfPu1E3COiABhdVUv-VBo4Zp4t0ryamG8Es4w2kFX60hZAQXLlz8BmJy8dFBZvhX3JZ5_fj0YkquNq73wTcTbpXqVYrjQx-4sdvjOHA-7xs0tXwOM=

Auras:
Still a little unsure.
Either Grace + Hatred
Or I go the route of Prolif with HoA

Gear:
Abyssus, Hege's, Daresso's. The rest rares.

Any suggestions for improvement?

My initial questions
Short pre-amble:
Since Hege's era came out I wanted to lay my hands on one and just managed to buy one in torment. Now I've also never played a flicker strike character, but always wanted to try one out. So 1+1= :D

Too sexy to link without a spoiler

I've had a read around the forums and looked at a few builds, but am left with a few questions aimed at folk who have a bit experience with flicker strike.

Defense:
Now, I'll be playing Torment, but don't really want to build a glass cannon. I'll pick up the staff block nodes, but was wondering what others use for defense...
1) Rare chest armour with res & life (+/-IR), or stack endurance charges +/- immortal call ?
2) Lightning Coil
3) Moar life (Belly of the beast)

Blood Magic (gem) or not?
How easy is it to use Flicker with mana?

Bandits Act 3
How important is it to stack frenzy charges? Power charge would be really nice for some more crit chance...

Other gear
Mainly thinking about blood dance boots - no resists, no life. But life regen & frenzy charges. Would prefer rare boots and just get some life regen on tree. What do you guys think?

And Abyssus - should give some insane DPS boost (and one of my favourite items in the game)... Or is it just overkill?

Anything else
Anything else I should know (apart from the advice to take anti-emetics & the obligatory desync qq haha)?

Thanks for the help guys :)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Feb 1, 2015, 8:00:04 PM
Always use abyssus, get power charge in merc, you should be able to sustain flicker with mind drinker I believe.
in my experience yes, 2% mana leech from either tree or gear and that is fueling flicker sorted out. Frenzy? not rly, I play flicker with 3 frenzy charges and it works for me. You want to be running blood rage, thats pretty essential for generating the frenzy charges on kill to sustain, for that you need a strong amount of chaos resist and % life regen from the tree, could use the boots but imo thats a sort of cheap mans alternative that wouldnt feature in a really seriously geared version of what ur after. Tri res life movespeed boots and run bloodrage would be my goal, but maybe blood dance are something you use at first while youre trying to bring it all together.
Thanks for the answers.

Yeah I don't think I'll be able to run blood dance. With abyssus, hege's & BotB/Coil I really need resists on my other gear.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
Bump for new skill trees...
I primarily use just my flicker toon (>1000hrs). Love the clear speed and map farming abilities. That staff looks like it could be a thing, def worth a crack. If it was me I'd still go CI to avoid all the bloodrage, red-pot, chaos res, life passive, madness. Also allowes for the MeleeDamageOnFullLife support.

Here's what I'd do: http://tinyurl.com/flickerstaff

That Abyssus can F#$K right off. It wants to be on your corpse not your head. Go with an ES/Res helm instead. Or potentially pick up the 'spell damage per power charge' optoin and use a Crown of Eyes. Maligaros and The Magnate with Gifts from Above if you can afford it. RainbowStrides to round out the resistances.

You're be running close to 95% crit chance. Throw Assassins Mark to proc power charges and inc in crit damage. You're going to get constant Endurance charges with the Smashing Strikes notable which will mean you'll probably be able to hit IC on every engagement. Possibly Increased Duration with it combined with Potency of Will if you can reach it and you'll be 'Immortal' almost all of the time.

Def get as many Frenzy charges as possible. the reason being that in 1v1 boss-fight situations you'll burn the lot of them then be left hanging.

I'd not get too carried away on the block/evasion thing. Flicker moves too fast to be hit most of the time and IC will negate most of the incoming damage anyway.

Gemlinks would be Flicker-MeleeSplash-MultiStrike-AddedPhys-MeleeDamageonFullLife and either IncCrit Damage or Physical to Lightning. The later sounds odd but what it does is split your damage into ele reducing the liklihood of insta-RiP to physical reflect packs.

Aura's would be HoT (shock stack!), HoI and Hatred. Because you do so much phys damage hatred will stack really well and freezing packs will keep you alive.

Interesting build man, hope it works out for you.
Desync in a nutshell - http://youtu.be/1uvm3GixEj4
Last edited by ep0nymous on Feb 1, 2015, 7:37:19 PM
"
ep0nymous wrote:
I primarily use just my flicker toon (>1000hrs). Love the clear speed and map farming abilities. That staff looks like it could be a thing, def worth a crack. If it was me I'd still go CI to avoid all the bloodrage, red-pot, chaos res, life passive, madness. Also allowes for the MeleeDamageOnFullLife support.

Here's what I'd do: http://tinyurl.com/flickerstaff

Thanks for the reply. I don't have much experience with CI builds (ran a CI cyclone with blodseeker ages ago, but that's pretty much it), but 87% ES seems very low. Especially for a 2H build.
I understand where you're coming from with CI having some advantages. But the disadvantages are fairly big too: easily stunned, frozen, shocked, etc. To deal with all of this ES builds need quite a bit of fine tuning gear wise...

It's not too bad IMO. If your APS is high enough you rarely get stun locked (High APS mobs and Merveil can be an issue). Use this to level,

You can negate freeze with Auxium however I stick with Magnate (+1 End Charge if you can get it)

or

If you choose Magnate bring a freeze pot. I very very rarely die to freeze just using a pot.

True, the lack of shield means your ES pool will be a little shallow. You may need to drop a herald for disipline. I have reduction passives for Hatred/Disipline/HoI/HoT but with the amount of traveling in your tree I suspect you can't afford the reduced aura passives.

Tempted to have a crack at building this as well...
Desync in a nutshell - http://youtu.be/1uvm3GixEj4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info