Suggesting full passive reset includes a bandit choices reset.

i know there is a vendor recipe to do this, but i feel it would also be appropriate to include a bandit reset along with the full passive resets that come with every major patch. so, ideas? thoughts? concerns? fuckoffthishasbeensuggestedathousandtimesalready? :D
oh hey forum sig, been forever since i screwed with one of these...
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Huh, I thought that was included in the full reset. If not, it should be: Bandit rewards are very build specific and the re-spec books are pretty expensive.
Yes! What's the point in having a full passive reset if you have to spend 4ex worth of regrets to change your bandit points.
The point (GGG had in mind) is that you are not supposed to change your whole build completely with tree reset.
You're supposed to just "re-create" your skill tree within' the changed routes and nodes.

IMO, if you want to use "reset'ed" highlevel character to make completely new\another build - you should pay 20x regrets to change bandit's rewards. Which is totally fair.

Second, if your "new" build would really suffer from 1-2 "wrong" bandit's rewards - i'd say that's not THAT good build as you thought.
I may slightly agree that 3 skillpoints may be crucial to couple of builds, but still: you chose to drastically change your character - pay for it, you already had free tree reset.

I, personally, have 1 "new" ele.caster with Cruel Oak's 18phys.damage left from old EK build (and some other characters, that was 1 for example). And i don't really care (maybe will change it someday to 1 skillpoint) nor does "it destroy my build, OMG!! Not FAIR!!" ;D
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
The point (GGG had in mind) is that you are not supposed to change your whole build completely with tree reset.
You're supposed to just "re-create" your skill tree within' the changed routes and nodes.

IMO, if you want to use "reset'ed" highlevel character to make completely new\another build - you should pay 20x regrets to change bandit's rewards. Which is totally fair.

Second, if your "new" build would really suffer from 1-2 "wrong" bandit's rewards - i'd say that's not THAT good build as you thought.
I may slightly agree that 3 skillpoints may be crucial to couple of builds, but still: you chose to drastically change your character - pay for it, you already had free tree reset.

I, personally, have 1 "new" ele.caster with Cruel Oak's 18phys.damage left from old EK build (and some other characters, that was 1 for example). And i don't really care (maybe will change it someday to 1 skillpoint) nor does "it destroy my build, OMG!! Not FAIR!!" ;D

No, sometimes you must do a completely different build because of the passive changes. For instance, a Witch might've gone with the +40 life while doing max block, but now must go ES because block is no longer viable. This is one case where I had to change and all three of my bandit rewards were either useless or the opposite of what I needed.

There should be an optional bandit respec, for all three rewards. Especially when a whole type of defense is destroyed.

Edit: The only bandit rewards that are making/breaking are the merciless rewards. Those charges can mean the difference between your build working or not working.
Last edited by Natharias on Feb 1, 2015, 2:11:58 PM
I would support this.
If my post contains typos, blame my phone and my fat fingers.
There was a point in time where they said that the systems required to do this were not in place, but now that you can farm for these resets I think it is odd to make full tree resets exempt.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info