People Saying: "You won't see QoL improvements in PoE because Wraeclast is a place to struggle"

Is the most ridiculous argument in any online video game I've ever heard about.
Last edited by Samkiud on Feb 20, 2015, 2:01:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Samkiud wrote:

Not sure where you heard that from, was that from a GGG staff member, if not really should take that argument with a grain of salt.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Samkiud wrote:

Not sure where you heard that from, was that from a GGG staff member, if not really should take that argument with a grain of salt.

-Random Path of Exile Player suggest one of the many QoL features this game doesn't have.
-Grinding Gear Games responses: "That doesn't fit with our vision", "That is tricky to code into the engine", "You won't see that feature any time soon".
Last edited by Samkiud on Jan 31, 2015, 5:43:57 PM
"
Samkiud wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Samkiud wrote:

-Random Path of Exile Player suggest one of the many QoL features this game doesn't have.
-Grinding Gear Games responses: "That doesn't fit with our vision", "That is tricky to code into the engine", "You won't see that feature any time soon".

Do you have a source for this example?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I was about to answer you explaining the reasons why I'm stating this position, but then I saw your signature: ""un-official" PoE\GGG Fanboy", and I realized I'm actually not willing to enter in a word of wars with someone unable to rationalize from an impartial stance and point of view. Sorry.
Last edited by Samkiud on Jan 31, 2015, 6:03:50 PM
"
Samkiud wrote:

Yes, this is how software development works.

To GGG, working on act4 and fixing major bugs >> QoL. Unless you can get into the head of whoever is doing bug triage, that's the way it's going to be.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Samkiud wrote:

Yes, this is how software development works.

To GGG, working on act4 and fixing major bugs >> QoL. Unless you can get into the head of whoever is doing bug triage, that's the way it's going to be.

Yea, the Act 4 major update is what keeps me in hope. There are certain features the community is tired of asking/requesting, if some of those don't get implemented soon, I won't be surprised to see many players quitting because of the big effort and amount of 3rd party softwares this game requires to play it QoL'ed, and even though, those efforts are not enough. It worries, because without the developers support for these required features, the reputation of this game in the gaming industry won't be favorable enough to maintain itself.

Look at Path of Exile competition, it is true that this game offer many things that other games don't, but there are many games of the same genre that are overpassing Path of Exile in many ways, including these basics QoL features we're talking about.
Last edited by Samkiud on Jan 31, 2015, 6:13:42 PM
What QoL were yes referring to? And yeah, they are 100% gearing up for A4.
I don't disagree with you, but I dislike the opening post's connotations and I don't really see a proposed solution.

Lots of people (myself included) are fairly happy with the amount of content that is already in the game, and would prefer to just see the content better balanced and for GGG to start working on minor enhancements to the UI and otherwise.

GGG, in their own right, certainly feel like there is not enough content in the game and that the content they'll add with Act 4 is what is going to keep people coming back for more.

Given that they have the hard player demographics, I'm wont to defer to their opinion. The vast majority of us that post on the forums are fairly long-term players that want to have this game in a state where we can play it for a decade. Unrepresented is the (presumably very large) number of people that play the game in the short-term and will come back to try out the new content, play for a few months, then go do something else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info