Act 4 Vendor Progression Recipes

With Act 4 I figure there's going to be some more vendor recipes, since each new Act has added new recipes so far. Here's my suggestion:

Blacksmith Recipe

Scraps -> Whetstones -> Baubles -> New Recipe

[X_1] Glassblower Baubles + [X_2] Chromatic Orbs = 1 Gemcutter Prism
[X_1] ranges from 5 on the low end to 10 on the high end.
[X_2] is a multiple of 3 to represent 3 gem colors. Range from 3 on low end to 15 on high end.
I suggest 5 Baubles + 15 Chromatics. A stack of Baubles + 3 stacks of Chromes become 4 GCPs with these settings.

Thematically, a Prism is made of Glass and Chrome Orbs represent connecting it to the skill gem system. For Chromatic Orbs this represents a new sink beside gear rerolling, one which persists more evenly over time. Although Baubles are not very valuable, they are rare, thus the Baubles rate-limit the recipe. In the short term it would crash GCP values as old Baubles are burned, but once the reserves are depleted it's pretty time consuming to get another GCP this way. Some people may have difficulty accumulating enough Chromes for this recipe, but I wouldn't expect this part of the recipe to be the main limiter.

Main Progression Recipe

Chance -> Scour -> Alch -> Regret -> New Recipe

[Y] Alchemy Orbs = 1 Blessed Orb
[Y] ranges from 4 to 8.
I suggest 8 Alchemies.

Blessed Orbs don't have any means of being created. Among the Orbs that have no way of being created, these seem like the least valuable. I put this recipe from Alch Orbs so Regret Orbs work like a branch similar to Chromatics. Blessed Orbs are not a popular trade item, and this recipe is similar in value to trade ratios, so I don't expect this to have much impact on economy.

PS, Change Tora's recipe too, even Trans to Augs would be better than Jewelers to Chromes. My suggestion is mirroring her to Elreon though, an alternate method of converting Alts to Jewelers.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The GCP recipe I'm pretty satisfied with, I think it would work very well, but the Blessed Orb recipe I could use some feedback.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info