Monster Resistances

Why is this information hidden? For a hardcore game, developers should know how frustrating it is when game knowledge/mechanics are kept hidden for no reason.

Information I would like to know.

1. Breakpoints for "Resists X" where X=fire/lightning/cold
2. Breakpoints for "Resists elemental damage"
3. Breakpoints for "Vulnerable to X"
4. Breakpoint for "Vulnerable to Elemental Damage"

From all the shoddy player testing and ambigous information posted by GGG e.g

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087150

"Resists X" could mean anyting from 1% to infinity. Seriously?

If possible, I would like to see numbers displayed for monster resitances, or if they worried about information overload for new players, perhaps add more mods for tighter brackets.

e.g
lesser fire resist 0 - 30%
fire resist 30-75%
greater fire resit 75% +
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
mGravitus wrote:
Why is this information hidden? For a hardcore game, developers should know how frustrating it is when game knowledge/mechanics are kept hidden for no reason.

Because it usually is with any person: it is more enjoyable to withhold information that you know other people want and only give it out when you feel like it.

Completely human and most people in this forum would choose the same if they were in similar position.

I am not even joking ^^.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Jan 31, 2015, 11:10:11 AM
yep, and what difference would that make? your penetration% would still be the same and so would be your deps...
d:-D*
Lol, thats what makes the game more hardcore. Hiding certain numbers. Thats why we dont yet have floating damage numbers and other perks. You get to figure that stuff out all on your own. Be glad POE doesnt have res immune mobs like D2 had.
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
yep, and what difference would that make? your penetration% would still be the same and so would be your deps...

Well actually pyle, you are simply wrong. It makes a big difference when deciding:

1. Between curses and penetration gems
2. Between penetration gems and other support gems.

If a mob has 75+ res curses are going to be less effective.

Deciding between gems like Increased crit damage or penetration (e.g of glacial hammer/lighting strike) depends on mob resistance.

"
Lol, thats what makes the game more hardcore. Hiding certain numbers. Thats why we dont yet have floating damage numbers and other perks. You get to figure that stuff out all on your own. Be glad POE doesnt have res immune mobs like D2 had.

By that logic, GGG should remove tooltip dps, and character info sheets? and let us 'figure it out' for ourselves.
3+ years of poe and no clue how much resistances mobs may have. All people have is rough ranges.
Last edited by mGravitus on Jan 31, 2015, 11:50:39 AM
I never care and never change my playstyle.

A penetrate gem is not to overcome a resistance , its directly a multi dps boost. Same for curse.

So if you are debating between haste and 15% curse, you just have to make your calculation between having more 15% dmg or 10% speed.

Really dont get it and see what it would change
Have fun! And go buy my stuff...

Shops: 522765 / 1094567 / 1147014
"
Kuruguhn wrote:

A penetrate gem is not to overcome a resistance , its directly a multi dps boost. Same for curse.

So if you are debating between haste and 15% curse, you just have to make your calculation between having more 15% dmg or 10% speed.

Choose between: Cold Penetration, Added Cold Damage and Increased Critical Damage :).

The resistances exists though due to some dataminers, but the question was why GGG doesn't release info ^^.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Kuruguhn wrote:

nonnono, On the contrary, a penetration gem's direct purpose is to overcome resistance.
Please revise 1. what a pen gem does and 2. how penetration is calculated. Information is on the wiki.

The debate is not between haste(which is an aura btw?) and a curse.

The debate is rather for attacks that convert partial damage to elemetal e.g lighting strike, glacial, molten, infernal etc

If you do the math, there is a point(depending on monster res) at which running a penetration support gem is better than running various damage gems like FA, ICD, ICS etc. without knowing monster RES, it is impossible to decide if its worth it or not.
Last edited by mGravitus on Jan 31, 2015, 2:20:20 PM
I would like it if there was a little bar under the health meter with markers at -100, -50, 0, +50, +100 and icons for each element with non-zero resist value corresponding to that element's resistance.
I always err on the side of penetration gems when it comes to elemental DPS.

Sure you might not get as much damage against a 0% target as you would with other alternatives, but all you really care about are elemental resist mobs anyway.

I believe the major bosses still have 75% resists, even after the major resist nerfing in 1.2. They also resist curses, so by far the most effective way to boost DPS against them is to use penetration. A penetration gem against a 75% resist mob gives something like 2.4x more damage, and even if that multiplier goes down a bit from your less-effective curses, there's still nothing else out there that can come close to that kind of multiplier.

Non-capped resist mobs are irrelevant; they die so fast you won't really notice the extra DPS other loadouts might give.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info