slow downs put PoE in bad light

Even though, without a doubt, a game wins its audience through its design and gameplay, it also loses its audience through bugs and being un-polished. I think PoE is an excellent game, but some things annoy me to no end, and it is not about the gameplay. It is that you slow down my computer!

- Graphics that are un-optimized. If a graphical effect causes slow downs that are unwarranted, do not add it to game! Have some quality control. Demand that your graphics man make beautiful graphics and efficient graphics. Do not add fancier stuff than your current engine can handle.

- Gems/items that causes slow downs in parties; CoC and Mjölner. These things drop the FPS for party members significantly. An otherwise stable game play suffer severe hickups and you can even hear your GPU cringe. Is this good design? Absolutely no.. In fact, I would wager, if you gave the design tools to players. This is exactly the kind of stuff players would make to break the game.
Last edited by Mr_Mustasch on Jan 31, 2015, 8:58:00 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
On the other hand, if they were willing to let certain members of the community access those tools and assets, they would be able to fix/optimize most of those things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info