FYI

Don't kill obelisks if the mobs are overlapping each other.

lvl 82, 4125 life, maxed light res over 150%.

70 coves.
Played like always, throwing multi-coldsnap traps around and dishing glacial cascade.
Obelisk goatmen leap at me off screen, my trap froze them in air, must have critted them all with glacial right after that, suddenly all I see is one totem,
which was actually 3-5 overlapping totems in one spot!

Tried to run and hit my instant flasks, no reaction time room, instarekt me in 0.5 secs.

Yeah so GGG, could you like nerf the dmg, or at least stop shit like this from occuring?
I know we're in a fantasy world with magic and other illogical, realism lacking features,
but overlapping hostile entity mechanics like these are pure bullshit.

How is one supposed to get a true grasp of the situation if it's deceiving like this?
You can't just make totems spawn multiple times inside one another in a overlapping fashion.
Add some minimum distance bumping to the spawning rules.

Seriously, the way you allow off screen leap monsters, goats, frogs, aliens to land in the same spot is retarded as fuck. Also it kills the immersion, and destroys the foundation of enjoyable gameplay, something where natural random variations occur. Give all leaping monsters a randomised cooldown for their leap 1.0, 1.5 ... 3.5, 4.0 sec. Adds more diversity to their attack mechanics, fun for gameplay, and reduces bullshit deaths like these.

Spoiler

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Quantume on Jan 31, 2015, 2:25:08 AM
PS.

And don't even get me started on how fun the obelisk mod itself,
especially this sprinkler type, is for summoners.
One drops and it's bail bail bail bail bail run run run run convocate convocate convocate fuck this shit all minions which can solo lvl 99 map bosses with maxed res and life, dead in 2 seconds.

I strongly suggest the devs to take a good look at my summoner fix post on how to do a proper summoner design and minion mechanics.
A huge part of your game, anything minion related with great potential, is currently totally wasted due to bad design decisions.

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
RIP in peace. What were the map mods?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Sprinklers taking another life ;)
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Rip man. And ditto for on the summoners, I play one and I cringe every time I see obelisks. Well I cringe anyway, but I also let out a sigh when I'm on summoner.
Last edited by Bawtzki on Feb 1, 2015, 8:54:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info