If FullBlownDaddy...

"
The human eye can't see more than 30 FPS so anything more than that is just wasted.

If you are unable to notice a difference between 30 and 60 frames per second, you need glasses.

You are my favourite personality here on the forums, FBD.
"
StanryRoo wrote:
"
The human eye can't see more than 30 FPS so anything more than that is just wasted.

If you are unable to notice a difference between 30 and 60 frames per second, you need glasses.

You are my favourite personality here on the forums, FBD.

FullBlownDaddy here. FullBlownDaddy appreciates the reponse.

Peace, FullBlownDaddy™
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
"

not another one of these people....
"
lag wrote:
"

It's not his fault. He's been conditioned for many years now by Microsoft and Sony to see everything in only 30fps.

Don't blame the poor, innocent peasants - they know not what they do.

Spoiler
It'd be cool if they took their crappy little AMD apus-in-a-box to the trash can and got a real PC though. It'll be another decade at least before XBone and PSx get around to pushing pixels at 4k resolutions and even then.... you KNOW it's going to be capped at 30fps
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Last edited by JakeAlmighty on Jan 31, 2015, 1:35:22 AM
"
lag wrote:
"

Indeed.

The human eye can see and interpret images within 1ms, which (in laymen) is around 1000 frames per second as translated by the brain. Is this standard? No. It's biology at that point. The grit that makes the gridwork between your eyes and grey goop. The grey goop, even more so.

However, your eyes are not that capable. Hence being able to interpret "blur". Fast motion. Your brain interprets it as x object moving in x/y/z planes, but does not fashion a reasonable explanation for it. It doesn't mean the frames were ignored or uninterpreted, but more or less ignored in lieu of reactionary actions. Karate chop to the face, for example. You don't see the hand come down on your face in perfect time. You see it happening and you react. Your brain has shifted gears.

Regardless, you can definitely see at more than 30, 60, 150, 200, and so on frames per second. The reason (I believe) for this nonsense is standard 30/60 Hz televisions. Even if you're biologically capable of seeing well beyond these means, the refresh rate of the television will always inhibit you from seeing better than. Because it's literally base-lined at a specific refresh rate.
It's not about high FPS it's about smooth FPS. It doesn't matter if I'm getting 300 FPS(I actually am getting 300) and it drops down to 20-30 in parties, or even solo for no apparent reason. I want constant 60FPS(again, not talking about vsync, as it still drops down to 30 even if you use vsync), not something that goes between 0-300.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
"
PoofGoof wrote:
"
lag wrote:
"

Indeed.

The human eye can see and interpret images within 1ms, which (in laymen) is around 1000 frames per second as translated by the brain. Is this standard? No. It's biology at that point. The grit that makes the gridwork between your eyes and grey goop. The grey goop, even more so.

However, your eyes are not that capable. Hence being able to interpret "blur". Fast motion. Your brain interprets it as x object moving in x/y/z planes, but does not fashion a reasonable explanation for it. It doesn't mean the frames were ignored or uninterpreted, but more or less ignored in lieu of reactionary actions. Karate chop to the face, for example. You don't see the hand come down on your face in perfect time. You see it happening and you react. Your brain has shifted gears.

Regardless, you can definitely see at more than 30, 60, 150, 200, and so on frames per second. The reason (I believe) for this nonsense is standard 30/60 Hz televisions. Even if you're biologically capable of seeing well beyond these means, the refresh rate of the television will always inhibit you from seeing better than. Because it's literally base-lined at a specific refresh rate.

A trained eye(fast readers, pilots, or not someone that looks at the same place for over 12 hours a day), can see close to 100 FPS. This has been proved many times. And each eye can have different limits.

The fact that most people think that they can't see above 24 is such a bullshit.

I can 100% tell the difference when I drop down from 60 to 30 in any given game. And I've never been wrong.

TLDR; Blur acts as smoothness, sharpness acts as stuttering. Therefore; clear image needs higher FPS to feel smoother. That's why we got insane amounts of blur in every 24FPS movie, you can see that when you just pause and take a look at the current frame.

PS: Not particularly talking at you, just adding to your post.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Hello FullBlownDaddy,
CabooseDog here. CabooseDog finds it highly amusing that FullBlownDaddy continues to refer to himself in 3rd and 2nd person only. Additionally, CabooseDog would like to know the reasoning behind this, if FullBlownDaddy doesn't mind. Furthermore, CabooseDog would like to admit that he enjoys FullBlownDaddy's name, and would also like to know the origins of the name FullBlownDaddy is FBD is ok with that.

Peace,
CabooseDog™

"

People with training can actually see up to 270 FPS (actually notice the single frame that's different/missing.

I'll just leave this here :

"
he average population would perceive about 45 frames per second (nice going HFR movies). But on the other hand, you have 25% of the population who will percieve more than 60 frames per second, with extremes going to seeing temporal gaps of up to 2 ms. Which is insane. When I wrote my replies and the first post, I did not know about this research. New conclusion: By far most of the human population (test in USA) will see more than 24 fps, only the extremes will see just the 24 fps or less (we're going towards visualle impaired elderly). More than 50% of the population will benefit greatly from FPS of 45+. Trained fighter pilots can see even more, so training of the brain might just be possible in perceiving a lower threshold of temporal gap.
I would personally prefer a game with an @ for my character and a D for the dragon I'm trying to slay if it was fun, over one with shiny graphics and 4-D art that wasn't.

PoE is in the middle somewhere. It's fun, but it does spend more effort on looking good than on being fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info