Thank the kind people who give stuff for free..

^ Dropping shit in town would be awesome, provided it expired in like 30s.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Moonyu wrote:
One of the things I miss about D2 is the ability to drop items in town or be able to randomly join a game and drop stuff for them.

Yeah, that sounds so awesome. I would toss noobz the gems and items i dont need. Its weird to be invited to a party and then use the trade window even though its not even a trade but a give away.
"
"
Moonyu wrote:
One of the things I miss about D2 is the ability to drop items in town or be able to randomly join a game and drop stuff for them.

Yeah, that sounds so awesome. I would toss noobz the gems and items i dont need. Its weird to be invited to a party and then use the trade window even though its not even a trade but a give away.

Don't be fooled, they are putting Rngesus's favor in there trade window, you just don't see it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I give away stuff regularly and have received. Not sure why someone would have a problem with a person creating a thread to say thanks.
Censored.
"
"
BearCares wrote:
In real life, yes. But in-game, it just makes the one who receives the gift a weaker player.

Those boots are worth 1 chaos btw ;p

Sure there are over 100 people trying to sell them for 5 chaos. But they never will so long as there are 10 people remaining who are selling them for 1.

Why do people like you come in here trying to urinate all over everyone's parade though?

Why do people on these forums always reply to trolls and weak ass bait? The thread would of been fine had no one responded to him, but now the thread is just going to devolve into shit like all these dumb blog posts always do.

Easist way to ruin a thread on these forums seems to be to make fun of SC and just watch the replies roll in and the subject change. It says a lot about the community :^)

The lvl 100 on torment thread comes to mind, it got so bad that mods shadow ban people from posting in it.

Also OP one day you might get lucky sitting in merc sarn, Whenever I rip or a lot of HC people do they give away all their stuff and delete their character. Some guy got my 6l vis mortis and really nice chaos res gear this league already <[:^)
Last edited by BossOfThisGym on Jan 30, 2015, 4:07:36 PM
never mind...
It's ironic for calling me a 'miserable so-and-so' when you are the first ones to start making negative personal remarks about someone you've never met. Look closely did I call you or anyone in particular anything negative?

I stand by what I said. I don't think it will make you a better player to get free items in a videogame. Even if someone handed you a Shavronne's tomorrow, that doesn't mean you'd know how to use it or even know how to do the research necessary to COPY the right build.

Game knowledge is the only gift worth giving. Item gifts are just crutches for the weak.

Because if you really wanted those boots, what's stopped you from getting them yourself all this time? They only cost 1 chaos. That's what I don't understand. If you wanted them you shouldn't have had to even wait on some random guy to give you a pair for free.

"
BearCares wrote:
In real life, yes. But in-game, it just makes the one who receives the gift a weaker player.

Those boots are worth 1 chaos btw ;p

Sure there are over 100 people trying to sell them for 5 chaos. But they never will so long as there are 10 people remaining who are selling them for 1.

You're just mad that the OP is greatful to someone other than yourself .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Moonyu wrote:

You can kind of do so. Simply join a random party, and run around dropping items while they play. They'll be FFA, no matter the loot settings because you are dropping from your own inventory.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
BearCares wrote:
I stand by what I said. I don't think it will make you a better player to get free items in a videogame. Even if someone handed you a Shavronne's tomorrow, that doesn't mean you'd know how to use it or even know how to do the research necessary to COPY the right build.

Game knowledge is the only gift worth giving. Item gifts are just crutches for the weak.

Because if you really wanted those boots, what's stopped you from getting them yourself all this time? They only cost 1 chaos. That's what I don't understand. If you wanted them you shouldn't have had to even wait on some random guy to give you a pair for free.

Learning to use an item and acquiring that item are two different things. If you don't have the item, you can only have second hand knowledge of how to use it. Logically, not having an item could slow or limit your knowledge of how to use it. Further, there are people who are not great at theorizing, but put them in a hands on environment, and they will make rapid adjustments.

There are some players in our guild that invent some very nice builds that aren't just subtle variations of existing ones. Sometimes, they want to test out various gear for the build and they borrow some items they don't have. If they didn't have the items, the process would take a lot longer, and the build wouldn't be any better. In fact, because they can test a lot more options, the build will be stronger.

This is why things like wind tunnels and simulators exist in the real world.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info