What level did you start doing maps?

It mostly depends on how much I want to hamstring myself with a ridiculous build.

Something good: 60.
Something designed after some light drinking: 65.
Something designed after some heavy drinking: 70.
Something based on Shock Nova: 80/Never.
Last edited by pneuma on Feb 2, 2015, 4:29:47 AM
Well it depends on the build and the league. My latest bloodlines toon started at 64 but he had already 5.5k hp by then. In general in HC leagues (temp and perm) i usually do maps at 69-70.

SC temp leagues are totally different, and i always push the builds to the limits so i can see how they work under pressure (to actually see if i can play them at HC :P). There at lvl 60max im already doing 68 or 69lvl maps
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Well my first character finally reached Eternal Laboratory merciless at lvl 64, but I had no maps. Only thing I had was these "noon/dusk/midnight/dawn" fragments, so I used them and went into apex of sacrifice. Oh surprise, it's tough :P. Cleared all these blue mobs and 1 yellow (they took forever), then moved to the "Vessel of Vaal" boss but too tough. I got out with a 11% quality lvl 70 map and a lvl 68 map though, so I ll start farming maps I think :).
note that this thread is outdated!

it is over 6 months old. there was no info on the awakening and ofc no act4! maps started at lvl 66 and not 68 etc.

now i'd say its better to progress to act4 and run aqueducts (or dried lake if you prefer) before starting maps.
i am usually lvl 70+ when starting with maps which is maybe a bit too high but at least i dont have to run white maps ^^

PS: dont use sac fragments to run unless u know what you are doing. those bosses can be rly hard and oneshot you even with high mitigation/life/etc.
"
DrWood wrote:

I have come to the conclusion that i am better off doing the library 100000 times rather than dying in maps.

So what level did you start?

i was level 70 something. no point starting earlier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info