Using Torment-Zana to get bloodlines achievement

pretty simple and straightforward question:

for those who know, is it worth it to spend (multiple times) 3 ex for the Zana bloodlines mod in torment to get the achievement to kill all bloodline packs?

3 ex is a lot. And I know it will be needed multiple times to get all the mods for the achievement. But multiple times = 2 times or 10 times? Any1 have experience in getting the achievement this way?

Greetz,

Punica
It might not be impossible. But I guess the expected number of maps to get all bloodlines would be rather larger than 10. On the other hand, levelling to slightly above level 60 in Bloodlines will get you the achievement very easily.
Bumping for interest. As a thought, if this is possible withing reasonable spending, you'd obviously want to make each of those maps "of Champions". I'm curious if an "Otherwordly" prefix could help as well, since technically a Beyond spawn will contain "a magic pack"?
Dunno about bloodlines, but that's how I did it for the beyond achievement, I recommend getting 2 friends to do it with you, and split the cost, that way you have a chance to die and go back in.
It should be certainly possible through the Zana mod but i wouldn't recommend it. The Bloodlines challenge is rather straightforward and you should be able to get it rather easily by simply playing Bloodlines to Act 3 Merciless. My Bloodlines char is just lvl 58 atm (a2m) and i already have all besides Voidspawn of Abaxoth since packs of magic mobs are rather common throughout the whole game.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Thanks for the replies.

I've already changed my mind on this and started a HC char. And since I suck at not dying I'm playing for an hour tops per time. Currently level 35 and already have 20 out of 25 bloodline mods.

So next up: are there certain mods that only appear in maps? or only in merciless? Or can I expect to find the remaining 5 somewhere in Cruel? I'm not good at HC so i'm terrified I'll die somewhere needing just one more mod or so.
None are map exclusive but some have a minimum area level to spawn. Some seem to require around level 50 like Keepers of the Trove and others are confiremd to spawn only in lvl 60+ areas like Voidspawn of Abaxoth, Order of the Frozen Sky and Bearers of the Guardian.

I can confirm that it is possible to encounter each and every Bloodlines mod in the Crypt in a2m (lvl 60 + 61), and when you start running Docks for exp, you will quickly get any remaining ones if you should somehow still miss one.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
"
vargorn wrote:
None are map exclusive but some have a minimum area level to spawn. Some seem to require around level 50 like Keepers of the Trove and others are confiremd to spawn only in lvl 60+ areas like Voidspawn of Abaxoth, Order of the Frozen Sky and Bearers of the Guardian.

I can confirm that it is possible to encounter each and every Bloodlines mod in the Crypt in a2m (lvl 60 + 61), and when you start running Docks for exp, you will quickly get any remaining ones if you should somehow still miss one.

Good to hear it can be done before mapping.
As a non-HC player I should be able to reach merc docks with some luck, perhaps even buy some bosskills just to be sure I'll make it. I don't expect to survive long in maps so I'll stay away from that if I can. But first target is getting in merciless, still on normal now.
Now just hope that some spawns are not as rare as the Echo shrine.
Inner treasure is fairly rare. I would not go the map mod route and expect to do it in less than 50 tries or so. The rest are fairly common with void spawn probably being the second rarest and i see that pretty regularly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info