Chat spam

"
blubbber wrote:

"
Quantume wrote:

C) Was my message nonsense, like gibberish? No.
The characters used clearly form a face, the same way smaller character form smaller items, forms and shapes, objects or faces.

Yes it was. Just because it is recognisable doesn't mean it makes sense.
It is a waste of anyones time.

We use symbols to communicate, be it the european, asian, greek or whatever alphabet.
It's all symbols which meaning, when put together in a certain order, either makes sense to someone or doesn't, depending on the receiving person.

There's slang and lingo. Just because you or 99% of the audience in the worst case scenario doesn't get it, doesn't mean that it makes no sense. It makes no sense to you and others, some may get it.
Even if only 1 person gets it, that's enough. The best way to handle such a encounter is to ignore it. If you don't get it, chances are, it's not meant for you. Just ignore it.

Again: it's not spam just because you don't get it, understand it, find it funny or fail to get anything out of it.

"
blubbber wrote:

I wouldn't have reported you because I am not 8 anymore but I would have put you on my ignore list. You deserved the mute you got and you probably wasted more time writing this post than you got muted for in chat ...

You know by saying that, you imply that people who report others
are on the level of a 8 year old? So... you kind of share my opinion,
probably without even realising it I guess.

In other words, you think players who report others, with no ground for real spam, are like immature children who act based on their emotions instead of using intelligence to distance themself from the situation where they can come to a sensible conclusion, after which making the right decision. In this case, ignoring a person rather than filing a totally pointless report?
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
"
Quantume wrote:

In other words, you think players who report others, with no ground for real spam, are like immature children who act based on their emotions instead of using intelligence to distance themself from the situation where they can come to a sensible conclusion, after which making the right decision. In this case, ignoring a person rather than filing a totally pointless report?

dont quit your dayjob, pschology is not your strong suit.
"
Esto wrote:
"
Quantume wrote:

dont quit your dayjob, pschology is not your strong suit.

Sick burn bro.
I'm like.
Totally hurt.
And stuff dude.

Spoiler
Don't*

Psychology*

Cough* cough*
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Want spam, take a look at the retards in trade channel. Nuff said.
when you get a several hour mute for referring to a certain African country that starts with N, get back to me
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
comm_il_vec wrote:
when you get a several hour mute for referring to a certain African country that starts with N, get back to me

Were you using it seriously or in a "lol i'm not relly calling you a ██████ it it's a rl place. get rekt" sort of fashion?

Because in the first I can see somebody who's not really paying attention seeing it and reporting you and the person viewing the report making the same assumption. Just bad luck.

Sort of like the Scunthorpe problem.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
Quantume wrote:
Before you start reading, this isn't about me or personal, it's about principles.

I got a several hour long mute, which itself doesn't concern me at all 'cos I know more people got a laugh out of it than the few who felt like reporting me.

1,247 words on how this "doesn't concern me at all". Sure.
I agree with you OP.

People are way too fragile on the internet.
Reported.
You know, I think you're lucky you only got a mute.

In order for your multi-line ascii art to have been displayed quickly enough to avoid a combo-breaker, particularly in a common chat like Global 1, implies you used an automated macro that committed more than one action. In other words, automation. This is a clear violation of T.O.S. and is a bannable offence.

If I were you, I'd very quickly drop this subject and hope the thread dies a quick death.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info