Help Explain Atziri Trio Fight (Vaal Temple)

So I decided to give a Vaal Temple map a try and it went about as I feared... I got stomped by the boss. Can someone help me understand how this fight works? I've only ever run normal Atziri a few times (never bothered spending the $$$ to try Uber) and I have always facerolled the normal Atziri trio, so never needed to learn the tactics.

What on earth is going on in this fight that I get destroyed so badly? I don't really understand how I was failing to leech back to full life (I use Vaal Pact... here's my passive tree), and I *definitely* don't understand how I was taking so much damage that I was able to be killed *with Vaal Discipline up* along with my leech.

Video of me getting #REKT

Here's a screenshot of what my defenses look like with Vaal Discipline + Flasks up.

My gear, if it matters.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jan 30, 2015, 1:44:33 AM
Bleed

Use manual casted IC, if you manage to have it up 100% time this fight is a joke
"
arcadius wrote:
Bleed

Use manual casted IC, if you manage to have it up 100% time this fight is a joke

Thanks for confirming... I wondered about bleed, but I popped

before i died and yet wasn't able to leech/regen back my ES (I did pop it a bit late - once I was very close to dead... but still, I had ~5K ES/s regen from Vaal Discipline + probably at least that much from leech, in theory).

If I ever get crazy enough to attempt this fight again, I'll try it with manual IC instead. Is it bleed from hits or from some sort of rain like in Dominus' arena during his second form?

1.3.1 changes to flasks should help too (immunity to bleed during flask effect).
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jan 30, 2015, 1:54:26 AM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

You're standing in the MASSIVE degen pool.

When a boss dies, it leaves a black pool (pretty sure pure phys, either that or chaos i forgot) that kills you extremely fast.

After you kill the tittybitch, run away from the middle (kill titty bitch in middle) and kill the cycloner second. Make sure you don't kill this guy at entrance. After that, you kill the dual striker. Looking at your setup you can just facetank it but DO NOT STAND IN THE BLACK POOL. Vaal Temple is a dark map, and the ground is probably hard to see.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
Skyforth wrote:

You're standing in the MASSIVE degen pool.

When a boss dies, it leaves a black pool (pretty sure pure phys, either that or chaos i forgot) that kills you extremely fast.
It's not chaos (source - i'm ci)
You killed them in the wrong order as well as standing in a massive degen pool.

The order I use for uber.

Cycloner > Dual Striker > Titty bitch

If you have 97+% fire resist you can do dual striker last but titty bitch is still the most efficient to do last as long as you can dodge rains.
IGN: Srslyagain
PM me bins on items I bid on if you have one.
"
Shodokan123 wrote:
You killed them in the wrong order as well as standing in a massive degen pool.

The order I use for uber.

Cycloner > Dual Striker > Titty bitch

If you have 97+% fire resist you can do dual striker last but titty bitch is still the most efficient to do last as long as you can dodge rains.

Same here. Titty bitch last if you can selfcast ICs.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Actually any order has his pros and cons... just go in there, move and kill them
the cycloner leaves some degen behind him as well... so clouds + cycloner degen = not good :D:D
Indeed move out of the stuff they leave behind, the circles also grow over time but have a maximum, you can place your fights so to speak. Also I wouldn't do dual striker last, either tittybitch if you have IC or cycloner if you have plenty of antibleed pots (In his last form he does 8 stacks of CB every cleave.).
Dual striker has a nasty reflect that no one can really explain, everytime I did him last it killed me and back then I was life based RT mjolner, no vaal pact.
Last edited by GilgameshNL on Jan 30, 2015, 3:56:07 AM
I struggled with this fight until I did it as CI with extended immortal call. With 12 or more seconds of physical immune while chaos immune, the fight was an absolute cakewalk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info