any fun builds left?

So I came back after a year to find out that they did a great job of screwing up the Melee/block facetank. So are there any good melee/physical builds Left? Or should I go play another game.
Meta = cattle

-ty men
There are a few left - Facebreaker, Staff Duelist, but expect them to get nerfed (as usual). 2 major patches has gone past and it has done nothing to address the dying RT melee class, suggestions to improve 'em was straight up ignored. Actually it was more like, it keeps getting beaten down as collateral damage from their attempt to nerf something else they don't like, lowlife blood magic for example lol.

Right now for some reason GGG doesn't want you to play your playstyle which is melee, this was my original playstyle when playing ARPG's as well but yea, its either adapt to it, or just go look for another game.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
Last edited by OJ8_Graz on Jan 29, 2015, 11:58:05 PM

My block character is working just fine this league.

As are my other two melee.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
I don't understand, melee is the true way to play games like this. Getting knee deep is what d2 and poe are about. Fairy running builds just arnt right. I guess I'll look into some other melee builds tho.
Meta = cattle

-ty men
"
I0wa wrote:
So I came back after a year to find out that they did a great job of screwing up the Melee/block facetank. So are there any good melee/physical builds Left? Or should I go play another game.

Do you play soft or hardcore? How much currency can you spend?

Since the title says "fun", I've gotta say that this is the most fun melee build I've ever played:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616

It's super fast (+110% movement speed fast in my case, and that's before flasks). I jump in the middle of mobs, instantly curse them, and mow them down. It's unique. And it's not a snooze; it keeps me on my toes and I have to be ready to hit a potion if my life goes down, but I don't have to hit potions too often because my evasion is crazy high (plus I have Phase Acro and Atziri's Step). I regularly run high level (76-78) Alch'd maps with this build.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
I0wa wrote:
I don't understand, melee is the true way to play games like this. Getting knee deep is what d2 and poe are about. Fairy running builds just arnt right. I guess I'll look into some other melee builds tho.

Cycloners are fun. Mine is only level 60 and can do 66 Piety deathless, and run level 70 maps without dying. He only has Wings of Entropy (1 Alch for mine) and uses the Blood Magic keystone and has half his health reserved with Hatred, Herald of Ash, and Vitality.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Scold's Bridle Helm - Cast on Stunned CI Boom Boom !
"
XigTek wrote:
"
I0wa wrote:

Cycloners are fun. Mine is only level 60 and can do 66 Piety deathless, and run level 70 maps without dying. He only has Wings of Entropy (1 Alch for mine) and uses the Blood Magic keystone and has half his health reserved with Hatred, Herald of Ash, and Vitality.

wow.

This sounds like one of the most awfull builds in poe history right there!
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Jan 30, 2015, 12:37:51 AM
"
I0wa wrote:

T1 Skills: Lameblast, Summon Boring Snoozers, Babyshot, Cucklone, Incinabore.

There are some skills that come close, like glacial cascade, But for the most part the above skills will always trump in similar gear, and the next patch is just bringing garbage uniques so no new builds for a long time.

I tried to make cyclone more interesting then the usual 2h Axe / FB+abbysus+LC in scrubcore this week to see if it was something I would even bother running with in BL.

Basically its a 2h axe cyclone like Hans made but more DPS oriented relying on life leech to make up for the fact using Deaths oath, blood rage, and mings heart + atziri flasks. The gearing for it is a nightmare as you have 3 uniques with no hp and hardly any resists, but I was able to make it work slightly.

Spoiler

35k dps with frenzy charges up, so a bit more than a FB build will pull and much more AoE. I'd run this in BL if I can figure a way to get 5k+ HP, and if it wasn't so goddamn expensive. A lot of people in torment have no idea what their gear is worth and I was able to grab some of that chaos res gear for under 10c.

Speaking of torment, why is your public groups nothing but ppl selling stuff? Impossible to pug here. Could use some maps group if anyone wants a cyclone, msg me In game :^).
Last edited by BossOfThisGym on Jan 30, 2015, 3:05:03 AM
My current build is a Marauder

Vaal Storm/build.

Hearld of thunder, tempest shield with vengeance and reckoning.

The storm blows through large mobs at a distance, i use molten shield for increased armor.
I play on Bloodlines and feel much safer standing affer. I ran molten strike and lost 2 lvl 40 2k health characters.
ign SeaSaint or DadSaint

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info