Ever have someone argue with you...

...because they rang the wrong number, and then decided to blindly insist that you are actually the company they are trying to reach and you're providing bad customer service by not being that company?

I just spent a few minutes on the phone with an irate person having to explain to them that had incorrectly called a tertiary education provider, not a packaging company.

He was most insistent that he didn't have the wrong number, to the point of expressing that he was going to email my "boss".

I think it's going to be one of those days.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
If you're recommending I should masturbate at work, unfortunately I can't.

Feel free to indulge yourself though :)

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

I had a older lady ring our house consistently for a couple months who didn't speak English. I don't speak Italian so our conversations went something like this.

Old lady - speaks jibberish in another language, probably Italian.

Me - you've called the wrong number. Please stop calling here.

This would repeat over and over till I got frustrated and hung up the phone.

I eventually Google translated how to say wrong number in Italian which only suggested to her that I did in fact speak Italian and she would speak faster with more emotion.

She stopped calling one day, maybe she died, who knows.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

"
If you're recommending I should masturbate at work, unfortunately I can't.

Feel free to indulge yourself though :)

hang in there

Spoiler
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jan 29, 2015, 4:09:44 PM
Years ago I worked in a restaurant that was brand new and there was a phone in the break room. It took us a little while to figure out that we got the old number of a bar in town.

One night an irate guy calls demanding that we put his girlfriend on the phone. I tried to explain that this was a restaurant and not the bar. He threatened to come down to the bar and kick my ass.

A nice normal person would just hang up then. But we all know I am not normal.

I told him to come on down. I would be the guy at the bar with the baseball hat on, but take his time as his girlfriend was busy pleasing me. Then I hung up.
Yeah, so he rang back again even more irate than the first time.

This time I just googled the company he was bitching about and transferred him. The numbers are not very similar, not entirely sure what is going wrong with his brain.

I somewhat pity whoever ends up dealing with him.

And so ends any potential excitement for my day...

I lived for two years in a flat with a phone number that was the same as the one for the Germany Embassy, other than the area code. So anyone in Otago who tried to call the Embassy and didn't remember to specify an area code got us instead.
One of my flats had the number of what must have been the number of a defunct parallel importer company. Got many interesting calls...
Halloween just isn't complete without pumpkin spiced pumpkin.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info