The best speaker..ever?

Prof. David Albert is an absolutely fantastic speaker. His videos on you tube have embarrassing low views nevertheless. Even if you arent all that interested in philosophy i recommend you give it a view just to redefine how good a speaker can be.
http://youtu.be/UNpLfXOfzZ8
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
I find Seth Lerer more compelling a speaker than this fellow....

The sheer amount of 'uhms' has me wondering if you're being facetious, but he's saying some cool things.

He starts off a bit rocky but hits his stride about 10 minutes in. But its not just how he speaks, its how he is able to crystalize extremely complex things into a comprehensible frame. So much content dealing with the most deep aspects of the universe.

As for seth, he is a bit smoother true, and does say a few profound things once in a while. But his content just seems very illusiary?! Prof albert in contrast is very grounded in reality such that his statements carry an immense amount of weight.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Jan 29, 2015, 4:21:30 PM
Best speaker ever was Christopher Hitchens. Best speaker alive today is Sam Harris. The end.
"
Väkirauta wrote:
People think Dawkins is an ass, but I actually like his bitter speech.

The problem with Dawkins is that the only people who would ever want to listen to him are people who already agree with him in the first place...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info