Need advice on gem setup for static strike

I'm currently enjoying my static strike build, but I'm still not a 100% sure what support gems I should be linking to it.

My current set up is this:

Should I ignore the lightning gems and go for a more traditional add fire and added melee etc? I'm currently lvl 78 and the tooltip dps is 14k.

I think Lightning penetration is unnecessary. With Hatred and HoF, you do decent non-Lightning damage to counteract those with high resistance.

You could swap Phys to Light for Melee Physical if you find Ele Reflect a danger.

Faster Attacks is really nice with Static Strike. Especially with a slower weapon like a Staff.

I would swap Lightning Penetration to Faster Attacks.

You can swap Phys to Lightning with Melee Physical Damage. It could make Ele Reflect easier to deal with, and it's "more" which means is multiplicative.

You could also swap Doryani's to a Meginord's Girdle. You would gain more life, and get a nice DPS boost from the flat physical, which interacts well with both Hatred and HoF. The leech is insignificant if you use the LL gem on SS. You'd lose a little armor and fire res, but you could make them up with a good pair of rare boots.
I actually have a Meginord's on my facebreaker, so I'l give that a go and swap out lightning pen and physical to lightning. Thanks for the advice!
Might want to post your tree, but it seems like you're playing a RT build.

As for the links, without recolouring Physical to Lightning is fine, since it mitigates one of the downside of Abyssus (massive physical reflect). If you're getting enough Leech from Doryani's and Warlord's mark consider swapping Life Leech to Added Fire (so Weapon Elemental Damage becomes even better). Consider swapping in and out Concentrated Effect/Increased AoE for the Lightning Penetration, since Hatred/Herald of Ash makes your total damage a mix of elements.

This is just a minor aside, but I find it a lot easier to maintain Endurance charges on a melee staff build, especially with Warlord's Mark sustaining it whenever you kill stuff and 10% charge on crit. I'm using the following for static strike

You can then use Increased Duration with MS/IC on your other 4-red like so
Some players argue that multistrike is a bad choice with Static Strike. The idea is to do enough damage to one shot kill monsters and then kill the pack(s) on your way to the other packs with the ongoing charge(s). With such an idea I would setup it like this: static strike, faster attack, melee physical, wed, phys to lightning, added fire or ll or crit multi.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info