Any "legal" way to decrease particles effect/disable them?

You risk your account being permanently banned without further warning.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
Why is it that there hasn't been any option on customizing how heavy different particles affect the game then.

Another specific Online ARPG that is currently popular has way more graphics sliders and particle controls. Their problem atm for me is their lack or there of other servers/gateways as PoE. When the Dev Teams redo the engine just to disable a Fan-Made Tool to disable just rain I wonder why does GGG not want their engine to be more open to their playerbase.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
for the last few years GGG's always said that putting a particle effect slider would be a copout that would discourage/demotivate them from working on a actual fix to the performance problem. If they'd made substantial improvements in the last few years I'd see their point; but despite saying they want to do something about it for all that time; the only fix for particles killing FPS is to buy a faster GPU.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Fearchara wrote:
i have a question. i think i will download a patricle effect disabler now. will i first get a warning if they detect me or will i instantly get banned?

Yes, please do so...you'll get banned, instantly with no warning when it's detected...and there is no way to get the account back once banned.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Why is it that there hasn't been any option on customizing how heavy different particles affect the game then.

Because the game makes money on particles. When you see your friends new stormcall micro, you're more likely to buy one.
"
Summoner wrote:
but despite saying they want to do something about it for all that time; the only fix for particles killing FPS is to buy a faster GPU.

If only that'd help. I have a 7970 which might not be quad titan but its a damn good GPU that lets me play most modern games on high or ultra, while PoE Im forced to play on minimum and STILL expirience FPS drops below 30 fps when party has 2 incinerators or 2 summoners.
And dont tell me its because of specific builds in party - game should behave stable and predictable no matter what build im using BECAUSE ITS THE DEVS THAT ENABLED SAID CONTENT (CoC, im looking at you).

And then, when people are developing and downloading EXTERNAL PROGRAMS and risk PERMANENT BAN to FIX SOMETHING that CAN but ISNT fixed by THE DEVS cause it 'RUINS IMMERSION' then I think something is pretty damn wrong here.
Last edited by benjiwoosh on Sep 8, 2015, 8:35:44 AM
"
Summoner wrote:
for the last few years GGG's always said that putting a particle effect slider would be a copout that would discourage/demotivate them from working on a actual fix to the performance problem. If they'd made substantial improvements in the last few years I'd see their point; but despite saying they want to do something about it for all that time; the only fix for particles killing FPS is to buy a faster GPU.

Feels like it has actually gotten worse for things like desecrated ground ever since around SotV release.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
No, there isn't, QoL is quality of life which is what many would consider a particle effects slider to be under.

You tried reducing texture down past the lowest in game setting by editing the production_Config.ini?

How do I find this file? Like what is the path to it? Been looking around the POE files and don't see it
"When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail."
it is in your documents/path of exile folder under win7 dunno about other operating systems anything over 3 as texture detail starts to look pretty minecraft.
"
mjkittredge wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
No, there isn't, QoL is quality of life which is what many would consider a particle effects slider to be under.

You tried reducing texture down past the lowest in game setting by editing the production_Config.ini?

How do I find this file? Like what is the path to it? Been looking around the POE files and don't see it

tried typing into the start buttons search bar?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
C:\Users\PC name\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account: