Any "legal" way to decrease particles effect/disable them?

Hi everyone,
I knot that maybe this is the 1984028749th (lol) thread about particles effects but.. I really need some help!
I don't have a good pc, but i run the game at 30-40 fps normally.. but in maps like corrupted maps (the vaal skills ones) or when there are too much particles (ice, fire, etc.) my fps decrease to 6-7.
There are some "illegal" ways to edit particles but I don't want to use them, because i don't want to risk my account, even if I'm n00b :P don't want to be unfair or get banned!
So, the point of this thread is... are there any legal/not bannable ways of editing/decrease particles? :( I hope yes..
Last bumped on Feb 28, 2017, 5:51:54 PM
Nothing available that isn't against ToS. They're prioritizing QoL performance fixes too.
What's QoL? Sorry, I'm a newbie at this game :( just right now I really can't kill Dominus because my fps goes from 40 (outside dominus battle zone) to 4-5 .. T_T well anyway thank you very much for the answer! :)
No, there isn't, QoL is quality of life which is what many would consider a particle effects slider to be under.

You tried reducing texture down past the lowest in game setting by editing the production_Config.ini?
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
No, there isn't, QoL is quality of life which is what many would consider a particle effects slider to be under.

You tried reducing texture down past the lowest in game setting by editing the production_Config.ini?

the problem is that particular setting doesn't seem to help MY main culprit for framerate issues, which I've isolated to 2 things:

1) Rain. (and generic atmospheric particle effects, which are in surprisingly several zones - but rain hits the hardest)

2) Status ailment effects on corpses - specifically shock being the big one. If I crit static strike for example, and 20 mobs die with shock on their corpse - I'll take a 75% performance hit until that pile of bodies is offscreen or the effect stops.

Reducing the texture file doesn't help very much - which makes me thing it's another issue.
"But we still had a lot of fun, please don't think this comes from hate.
We bitch because we like you and we want you to be great!" ~Miracle of Sound
Last edited by LostKavi on Jan 29, 2015, 12:09:30 PM
I already reduced texture quality etc. and I agree with LostKavi :) rain and effects on corpses are so laggy on my pc xD thank you lagwin1980 for the answer ^_^ well I guess I just have to wait for a "official fix" or something like that T.T
I've heard that a lot of people get lag during rain.

What video card do you have, and which drivers are you trying? Run dxdiag to find this information and paste it in Spoiler tags if you would please.
WHY the HELL isnt it allowed to use programs that disable that broken damned particels that cause the ultra fps drops?! i dont like these guys from GGG. they ban people for using programs that disable particels, but when some rich kids buy orbs from chinafarmers and destroy the economy its okay.. i hate this sick world.

srsly, a lot of ppl have that problem. i wish all would use that "illegal programs".. want to see, that GGG is banning everyone, just because they want to play this game without them insane fpsdrops
Last edited by Fearchara on Sep 7, 2015, 9:07:31 AM
3rd party programs that interact with the game files are against the terms of service, as is Real Money Trading. You can find the full terms of service here: https://www.pathofexile.com/legal/terms-of-use-and-privacy-policy
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
i have a question. i think i will download a patricle effect disabler now. will i first get a warning if they detect me or will i instantly get banned?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info