Playing since 4 months - Still not getting something

"
Tempada wrote:
"
LeHeup80 wrote:
Hi op and all.

I have played for 3 years and over 7000 hours I think ish and still I have only ever got to lvl 87 and found literally 4 exaulted orbs, self found no trade or party FOR LIFE!!!!

GG GGG!!!

I'm never quite sure if you're sarcastic or not in your posts, but I think you're legitimately enjoying the game despite the odds.

Dear op,

This game is a HUGE time suck, and solo players and people that don't flip items can look forward to a crazy grind if they ever want to see great gear. It's the type of game that you might play for 6 months before finding a character that works well for you, then you spend maybe another 6 months getting decent gear for a single character (unless you only play in temporary leagues, in which case you might never deck out a 90+ level "toon").

Expect to be here a while. Expect to farm Docks/Catacombs like crazy to build up currency before you have a steady map supply. Expect to grind your eyes out. Better yet, don't have expectations, then the game might pleasantly surprise you. Or make you want to throw your computer out a window.

Tips: Build a hideout, get Masters in it (especially Zana for maps and Haku + Elreon + Haku for their currency discounts), and do your dailies, well, daily. Farm Docks/Catacombs till your eyes melt and save all currency until you can trade them up for Ex. For example, in Standard right now you can trade roughly 40 Fuse or 200 Chrome or 15 Regret or 90 Alch for 1 Ex. Convert your currency up through Clarissa and the Masters I mentioned. When you have a nice supply of Alts, start mapping regularly (there are other threads on that). Save, save, save. Create a shop, list anything that seems like it could be worth 5 or more Chaos. Check poe.trade for prices. Know your recipes (especially Chaos, Chrome, and Jeweller's). Pick up every rare you find and every currency item no matter how insignificant it is on its own...

I'm fairly ok with what u describe here and was doing quite this... (i'm just not enough serious with masters... not having good ones and ripping, not easy to lvl up). Hardcore gaming is rude, but that's also what I like (and what we all.. cause we play poe !)

But the only thing I dont understand is : designing stuffs that 95% of playerbase will never see.
It's just a sad story, period.

BTW : what's "Item fliping" ? Is that buying things at a discount price and then selling for more?
"
zbouby25 wrote:
Title !

Still not getting how ppl can have that much exalts/eternal orbs on leagues.
Standard and hardcore ok, cause existing since launch.

Any tips for being rich (expect having godlike rng/refreshing poe trade every minute) ?

PS : I spent like 1 month dying/rerolling at bloodlines (Hope my last char wont get killed that soon!)so yes, that's not very helpfull to get rich, but nonHC league are boring as hell to me :(

do this:

-make mf-char (helps a little bit)
-trade (helps a little...you can get rich soooooo fast by selling all those 1 chaos items, hahaha)
-use cheats with another account and ip (that's how most ppl ended up being rich)
-use bots (actually...like cheating...)

but DON'T JUST PLAY THE GAME ! that won't work
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Jan 29, 2015, 10:01:28 AM
BTW : what's "Item fliping" ? Is that buying things at a discount price and then selling for

yup, sadly I lowered myself to the flipper level to progress
I've dabbled with a bit of flipping this league, mainly currency. boring as **** but you make good currency. (first league I've been able to afford a soultaker/bino's/doryan's/scold's)

Welcome to POE. over 4k hours played -

drops -

6-10exalts

5-10 divines

Best value unique drop - Crown of eyes worth 20ex just before nerfs

5-7 Tabula Rasa's (Traded for my first)

2 6L drops (1 shitty axe in docks that dropped with an orb of regret as I levelled! and 1 low level bow.

several corrupted 6L's from vaaling ''contains an extra socket'' boxes (150 vaals+ used)(all sold to vendor for divines)

20 5L axes/bows (had to give most away or sell for 1-2C)

10-15 armours (made some nice profit alching and re-selling)

1 chanced item (drillneck in rampage) after thousands of chances used

3 crafted 6l's after thousands of ripped fuses (1 6L in 1 fuse, 1 6L in 45 fuses, 1 6l In 350 fuses)

I played without selling anything for the first 6 months or so and I regret not learning about trade the very first time I opened the game.

with a shop open I normally make 20c per day on average selling what I find (up to 130c on a good day)

I sell most gems for 1 alch each (Helps for mapping later on)

A good tip atm is to fill your off hand weapon slots with flameblast (might change when they nerf it to death) you can get 1ex per lvl 20 or lvl 1 20Q after using a gcp on it.

search XYZ for 100+ spell dmg wands/sceptres every day from a fresh league start. normally 10-20c for the first ones. you can then re-sell 1 month later for 1ex

Install PoE-Item-Info-v1.8.2-hazydoc-20150125 (somewhere on the forum) Helps loads when you are new or don't know the prefixes/suffixes

I try my best to keep shavs and every other tier 1 unique out of my mind because It doesn't drop

I think you have to craft ET orbs and mirrors as they don't drop either :P

You will progress faster in the long run sitting in your hideout with the game minimized checking xyz trading all day every day. Also buy stash tabs they are pay to win but not too many as you can only list so many items at a time

Last edited by Mohun on Jan 29, 2015, 10:55:22 AM
To the OP: Don't start comparing your wealth to others', you'll quit the game soon otherwise. If you don't have much currency, pick a budget build (there are some quite capable of running high-level maps) - they should cost less than 2-3 Exalted, and even a casual such as myself can make that kind of currency within one month of a new league. Run 75+ maps (with or without magic find) and use the Regal recipe with it. Enjoy killing monsters while others have to sit in their hideout trading all day to get the most expensive items.

Or you start to flip 24/7 - and probably still quit the game because it's so boring.

You're right that they're designing items that only a few players will ever have, but I don't mind, it gives some people high goals to aim for. There are still plenty of strong items which are very affordable.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
Mohun wrote:

several corrupted 6L's from vaaling ''contains an extra socket'' boxes (150 vaals+ used)(all sold to vendor for divines)

This is a mind trick btw. Vaaling something rerolls the number of sockets and links. The last thing you wanna do is use them on a +max socket box since it eliminates that modifier from the box.

Vaaling boxes should be done on "armored" strongboxes that have + item modifiers, but no +socket or fully linked modifier.

Just thought i would point that out, you got 2 6-links from them, but it had nothing to do with the +socket mod. It's just full random.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
^^ is a very good tip. Always have a chaos/regal recipe tab filled ready for those amulets to complete sets, also pick up every iron ring you see so you can make your own amulets for the recipe using 7 iron rings +1 rare Paua Ring or coral ring

PoE is insanely RNG dependent... the chance to get a tier 1 unique is astronomically low and is usually only limited to traders/flippers with more currency you can ever dreamed of or a insanely lucky noob... eg like that guy who got shav's in merc domi run and that dude that got a Mjölner from dock in less than a week into the torment league start.

For people that do not trade/flip like it's their day job and just want to play the game will be considered lucky if they can even get 1 ex a week.

PoE is surely not Pay2Win, nor is it Play2Win... PoE is all about trading and flipping items to win.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Boem wrote:
"
Mohun wrote:

This is a mind trick btw. Vaaling something rerolls the number of sockets and links. The last thing you wanna do is use them on a +max socket box since it eliminates that modifier from the box.

Vaaling boxes should be done on "armored" strongboxes that have + item modifiers, but no +socket or fully linked modifier.

Just thought i would point that out, you got 2 6-links from them, but it had nothing to do with the +socket mod. It's just full random.

Peace,

-Boem-

hmm 6s's do still drop from the box, the vaal give you a chance to 6l them which I have several times.
"
CabooseDog wrote:
"
Tempada wrote:
"
LeHeup80 wrote:
Hi op and all.

I have played for 3 years and over 7000 hours I think ish and still I have only ever got to lvl 87 and found literally 4 exaulted orbs, self found no trade or party FOR LIFE!!!!

GG GGG!!!

I'm never quite sure if you're sarcastic or not in your posts, but I think you're legitimately enjoying the game despite the odds.

Pretty sure LeHeup is the happiest guy here LOL

It's all those pain pills...
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
I've been playing since Sept 2011.
I have less than a dozen exalts. I have never seen anything higher drop.
I still don't have a 6-link.
I do not own any Tier-1 uniques.

Yes, trade exists. Yes, that is how the game is meant to be played.
You cannot accumulate end game wealth self-found in this game. Simple as that.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info