Playing since 4 months - Still not getting something

If you want to get started with trading... provide a service that rich people are willing to pay for. Currency exchange is a nuisance sometimes and people are willing to give you a deal if you're more available than the next guy. You can get 10-25% commission easily on many trades. You just have to be there when the guy wants your fusings or what ever you have.
Started playing in domination , i am sure i have lost 2 - 2,5 months of my life in this almost 1,5 year of poe playing , been playing with some MF staff for a while and here is everything important that dropped : ( not mentioning some alphas howl of similar )

5 x exalted ONLY
1 x kaoms in a whole MF week ( thank you bog combra made an RF char with it )
1 x mjolner !!! that sold it for 100 ex
and 2 x montegruls grasp chanced back in the snapshot days where they did cost 12-15 ex

All the rest came with trades and fliping , i have 2 chars that can kill atziri both having very good gear ( not mirrored just very good)

An advice try selling mass fusings even in ''bad ratios'' 42 : 1 , its very easy to make ex this way , vorici-elreon dailies . drops and sell rares , you can have 3-4 ex every 3 days.
Hi op and all.

I have played for 3 years and over 7000 hours I think ish and still I have only ever got to lvl 87 and found literally 4 exaulted orbs, self found no trade or party FOR LIFE!!!!

GG GGG!!!
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
guess I am lucky with drops. Found since domination about 20 ex and 1 eternal. Traded early on in temp leagues for high end uniques which made me quite some ex too. It's still RNG tho, domination was horrible for me but the last few leagues were nuts drops wise.
I have some remove only tabs in STD filled with a couple of exalts etc, got a tab filled with chaos which i could also transfer to exalts.

Everything combined if i would do a major "sell it all" would probably be around 200/300 exalts and i got 2 eternals self-found that i wont ever trade away :).

And this is with 2 years and a bit more of mostly solo play and trading stuff away that i loot. Stuff just accumulates in remove tabs in STD for me. Oh and i got legacy's to boot just because i play.

I wouldn't focus to much on becoming rich <.o, just play and hf, wealth is secondary and bound to happen.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
My goal for torment was to find/buy a Windripper. It took me a month and a half to save currency for one and I purchased it for 20 exalts... I think I found 5 of those exalts. The other currency came from 2 drillneck drops, a purity of fire level 21 and a sweet 2k evasion chest drop.

Now I have the Windripper, and I don't play as much :-(
SPOILER!

NEW MASTER!!!

Haremty
Master of Cards

Spoiler
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jan 29, 2015, 9:04:35 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Spoiler

lmfao

!etupRMT

!rmt

"Tʜᴇ Sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ Wᴇɴᴛ Bʟᴀᴄᴋ , A Cʀᴇᴅɪᴛ Cᴀʀᴅ Sᴏᴜɴᴅ Cᴀᴍᴇ Fʀᴏᴍ Tʜᴇ Bᴀᴄᴋʀᴏᴜɴᴅ , Aɴᴅ Aʟʟ Oғ A Sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴ Wʜᴇɴ Tʜᴇ Sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ Uɴᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ Bʟᴀᴄᴋ Hᴇ Wᴀs Sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ Iɴ Nᴏʀᴍᴀʟ Cᴏᴀsᴛ Aɴᴅ Tʜᴇ Mᴊᴏʟɴᴇʀ Aɴᴅ Sʜᴀvs Wᴀs Oɴ Tʜᴇ Gʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Iɴғʀᴏɴᴛ Oғ Hᴀvᴏᴄ"
Last edited by CabooseDog on Jan 29, 2015, 9:05:50 AM
"
LeHeup80 wrote:
Hi op and all.

I have played for 3 years and over 7000 hours I think ish and still I have only ever got to lvl 87 and found literally 4 exaulted orbs, self found no trade or party FOR LIFE!!!!

GG GGG!!!

I'm never quite sure if you're sarcastic or not in your posts, but I think you're legitimately enjoying the game despite the odds.

Dear op,

This game is a HUGE time suck, and solo players and people that don't flip items can look forward to a crazy grind if they ever want to see great gear. It's the type of game that you might play for 6 months before finding a character that works well for you, then you spend maybe another 6 months getting decent gear for a single character (unless you only play in temporary leagues, in which case you might never deck out a 90+ level "toon").

Expect to be here a while. Expect to farm Docks/Catacombs like crazy to build up currency before you have a steady map supply. Expect to grind your eyes out. Better yet, don't have expectations, then the game might pleasantly surprise you. Or make you want to throw your computer out a window.

Tips: Build a hideout, get Masters in it (especially Zana for maps and Haku + Elreon + Haku for their currency discounts), and do your dailies, well, daily. Farm Docks/Catacombs till your eyes melt and save all currency until you can trade them up for Ex. For example, in Standard right now you can trade roughly 40 Fuse or 200 Chrome or 15 Regret or 90 Alch for 1 Ex. Convert your currency up through Clarissa and the Masters I mentioned. When you have a nice supply of Alts, start mapping regularly (there are other threads on that). Save, save, save. Create a shop, list anything that seems like it could be worth 5 or more Chaos. Check poe.trade for prices. Know your recipes (especially Chaos, Chrome, and Jeweller's). Pick up every rare you find and every currency item no matter how insignificant it is on its own...
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
"
LeHeup80 wrote:
Hi op and all.

GG GGG!!!

I'm never quite sure if you're sarcastic or not in your posts, but I think you're legitimately enjoying the game despite the odds.

Pretty sure LeHeup is the happiest guy here LOL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info