Playing since 4 months - Still not getting something

Title !

Still not getting how ppl can have that much exalts/eternal orbs on leagues.
Standard and hardcore ok, cause existing since launch.

Any tips for being rich (expect having godlike rng/refreshing poe trade every minute) ?

PS : I spent like 1 month dying/rerolling at bloodlines (Hope my last char wont get killed that soon!)so yes, that's not very helpfull to get rich, but nonHC league are boring as hell to me :(
"
zbouby25 wrote:
Title !
(expect having godlike rng/refreshing poe trade every minute) ?

This.
Played on/off since closed beta.
I have less than 10 ex in std. 1 in torment. Never seen an eternal. More than 1500 hours played. Don't sweat it.
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
"
unsane69 wrote:
"
zbouby25 wrote:
Title !

This.
I have less than 10 ex in std. 1 in torment. Never seen an eternal. More than 1500 hours played. Don't sweat it.

Meh, ok but when u get like 10 ex, can't u snowball kinda easily ?
Buyin/sellin/Moding... ?!
Sure if you are into trading and good at it. Not many are though, but the ones that are, have tons of exalts.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
Um, guys, its called trading. You dont find that shit, you trade your way up. Yep, no eternal here, because it dont drop yo. GGG, buff yer drop rate so non traders get dem orbz too.
"
zbouby25 wrote:
"
unsane69 wrote:
"
zbouby25 wrote:
Title !

This.

Meh, ok but when u get like 10 ex, can't u snowball kinda easily ?
Buyin/sellin/Moding... ?!

Probably. I don't like trading, especially not the current 'implementation'. I really dont mind 99% of the time...
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
"
unsane69 wrote:

Probably. I don't like trading, especially not the current 'implementation'. I really dont mind 99% of the time...

This is the truth.

People dont like trading, what people love is selling. Cause when you found something valuable, what you want is... not just keepin it in your stash. You want a use to it. You want to feel like you did get something usefull.

And that's why some kind of in Game trading system (and viable, not just the spammy trade.. ) is severly needed :O
"
zbouby25 wrote:
"
unsane69 wrote:

This is the truth.

People dont like trading, what people love is selling. Cause when you found something valuable, what you want is... not just keepin it in your stash. You want a use to it. You want to feel like you did get something usefull.

And that's why some kind of in Game trading system (and viable, not just the spammy trade.. ) is severly needed :O

What this game needs is an AH, whether GGG wants it or not. Requiring trading and not having an AH is just a bad concept, its not user friendly and counter productive. How can you farm items to sell when you are trading all day? If there were no 3rd party sites for trading POE wouldnt be what it is. GGG owes a lot to the 3rd party sites in terms of players ability to trade and maybe even to some degree, player retention.

An AH would let people put up stuff there they dont need and get around this same instance/your hideout or my hideout thing and let people play the game instead of waiting for trades and it would curb the scam issue and the "i dont want to leave my map in a temp league for an item i sell for 1 chaos in standard" thing.
The problem with the economy is that everyone wants to be a provider. That problem would become nearly instantly obvious if they put in an auction house.

Players need flippers. People they can sell stuff they find to. The flippers then sell items back at a profit. They must like that or something. That system works.

An auction house simply drives the price down to where no one can profit from trading. No one can play that role. You might as well let the NPCs buy stuff at higher rates if you put in an auction house.
"
Um, guys, its called trading. You dont find that shit, you trade your way up. Yep, no eternal here, because it dont drop yo. GGG, buff yer drop rate so non traders get dem orbz too.

Pretty much this. I believe I'm somewhere around the 2500 hour mark for playtime and I've never seen an eternal drop (and certainly not a mirror).

You get wealth from running a large shop (which requires knowing what will sell and at what price) and making alteration orbs from selling all the junk rares you find (convert to fuse --> sell for ex).

Most of the people who are rich in temp leagues also started playing nonstop from day 1 so that they could be ahead of the wealth curve. If you get a little wealth early on in the league and know how to use it, you can snowball your wealth very effectively.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info